Do DIY home wraps work?

i am getting married next week and a Friend of mine said she would put loads of moisturiser all over the tops of her arms and wrap them in cling film. She’d then sleep like this and in the build up to her wedding she was able to lose some weight from her arms.

has anyone else tried this method and did it work because I’m currently sat here with aching forearms which feel like the circulation is just about to cut off lol! 

With one week to go I’m willing to try anything!!!

• Sorry but I don't see any reason at all why this would work. 

You lose weight by consuming less calories and exercising more. You can't target to lose weight from a specific part of your body either (by for example doing only arm exercises) - you lose weight from your body overall. That said, doing arm specific exercises will add muscle to your arms, which will increase definition and so lessen 'flabbiness'.

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340 New bride

All a cling film wrap will do is accelerate the loss of water.  It may shrink u but only very short term.

It may also cause skin irritation, rash or spots which will look a lot less attractive on ur wedding dress then the flesh ur partner already knows is there n doesn't care about!

• Kath2703Kath2703 Posts: 18
    Camilla16 wrote (see post):

Sorry but I don't see any reason at all why this would work. 

You lose weight by consuming less calories and exercising more. You can't target to lose weight from a specific part of your body either (by for example doing only arm exercises) - you lose weight from your body overall. That said, doing arm specific exercises will add muscle to your arms, which will increase definition and so lessen 'flabbiness'.

It does work but as the person below mentioned it’s a short term fix! With one week to go I only have myself to blame and should’ve exercised sooner! I tried it last night and it took an inch off of my arms each side but as I say, short term only! 

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 837 New bride

You lost an inch from both arms doing this? I kind of find that hard to believe! I think with the wedding so close now I would just focus on eating well and feeling good in yourself. You’ll feel better and it’ll be good for you psychologically even if there is minimal physical change.