Just looking to help each other

Hi :)

So I finally got my other half to agree to a wedding, which I have 2 years to prepare for which is plenty of time. I already lost a lot of weight previously and still have a lot more to lose. Although we have set a date, I don't seem to have much motivation and I am really not sure why as I am overly excited about the wedding.

Is any one else struggling ? If so what did you find helped you ?

I was doing so well when I was preparing in advance with meals and gym classes and plans. Maybe I just need a good kick up the backside to get me going again.

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    The closer I've got, the more motivated (read- panicked) I've got. My advice would be to treat it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. That way it'll be easier to sustain in the long run. 

Good luck! 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • sw2bTsw2bT Posts: 2 New bride

Roseyredcheeks88 - when are you getting married? I'm getting married xmas 2020 and could use some motivation and encouragement too. Maybe we can check in on each other here and motivate each other in the coming months.
    I've just found a dance class I enjoy and am going to start running again - I also NEED to cut out the snacks at work. 
  • Heya... 
    I definitely need some motivation! I keep putting if off as I have nearly 3 years but I just want to get healthier. Biscuits in the office are such a pain! And I have a hankering for cheese and crisps. So terrible.  I need to find a class that doesn't scare me away. Find it so cringe going alone and ultimately need something for weight loss rather than something more chill like Pilates or yoga? Really good luck to you both !!  Let me know anything that's worked for you xx stone and a half to loose. 
  • This looks like quite an old thread but it would be great to get a support thread going for weight loss.  

I'm getting married in August 2020 and hope to lose another 2 stone. I've lost a stone already, a lot of that before I even got engaged.  Four years ago I lost weight with Slimming World but I've gained it all back and more so this time I'm calorie counting and healthy eating and it is working well so far.  I'm trying to do it slowly and steadily as I think it is more likely to stay off.  Luckily, my fiancé is also calorie counting which makes it much easier.  
  • rhianna_94rhianna_94 Posts: 16 New bride
    I'm starting an 8 week programme on Monday with a personal trainer and I am praying that I can keep motivated! I would love to lose a couple of stone for my wedding next September!