Struggling to lose weight

Hello, 

I get married in October this year and I've hit a plateau with my weight oss. 

Over the course of 2018 I managed to lose just over two stone which now puts me at 12st 6lbs at 5'4". 

I still look very big and out of proportion and in an ideal world I would love to be around 10st on my wedding day which is 7 months away. 

I followed WW for a bit, but always found it tricky when eating out, so realistically I was only tracking 5 days a week... it just didn't suit me.

I managed to lost the 2 stone pretty much on my own, but I've stopped losing now!

I do Pound, Clubbercise and another gym session every week and walk my dog for 1 hour every day. I've stopped losing weight and instead appear to be gaining it every so often despite watching what I'm eating.

I've now just started using My Fitness Pal and was wondering if anyone else has used this? I'm unsure how to use it to its full potential. I'm willing to give anything a go, but just think I need some guidance! Do you stick to 1200 calories? Macros? I don't know anymore! 

People are telling me that I'm not eating enough and I'm not sure if that's correct? 

I eat sensibly, rarely eat takeaways and I am always careful with what I eat. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you. 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Firstly, well done on your weight loss- that's great.

I use My Fitness Pal and have lost 2 stone 4.5lbs doing so. My daily calories are 1530 to lose 1.5lbs per week. I don't eat back my exercise calories which allows me to go over at weekends, if I want to. 

I weigh 11 stone 13.5 lbs at the moment at 5"11. It sounds like, based on your exercise, you may need to up your calories? Do you have a fitness tracker or anything to see your TDE? 

I've been doing 3 x hour weight lifting sessions a week for the past month and it is making a world of difference. Could you try adding that in? 

I also find that I don't lose if I don't drink enough water. Feel free to join us here, too: https://forum.youandyourwedding.co.uk/weight-loss-for-your-wedding/450484-diet-denial-hold-me-accountable.html#latest
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Well done! That’s amazing weight loss..

i second with what GinandBling said, are you drinking enough water?

I know a lot of people are against this type of diet but have you tried Keto? 
    I find it very hard to lose weight once I hit what I assume is my ‘natural’ weight.. Keto has been the only diet that has got me past that mark.. 

Its basically just No carbs and no sugars but high fat and moderate protein.

it works off the science of your body switching to burning fats instead of sugars/carbs (ketosis) but you never feel hungry.. 

It’s worth a google 

• Calorie counting works for me very well! How do you get 1200 calories? Is that what the app tells you?
    I don't use MFP but Yazio. The app calculates your daily calorie requirement based on your personal data. I set myself weekly goals and the app tells me then when I will reach my ideal weight. It's super easy!  :) For breakfast, lunch and dinner I know exactly how much to eat without missing out on any kind of food. First when I started I feared that the days of enjoying pizza and waffles were over.  But I can basically eat what I want as long as I don't exceed the preset calorie count. When eating pizza, for example, I either don't eat the whole thing or top it with veggies.
    It's very important that you lose weight in a pace that you feel comfortable with. And don't restrain yourself too much. You just get frustrated. You'll be surprised how many great recipes there are which are "allowed"  ;)
    Take a look for yourself: https://www.yazio.com/en/calorie-intake-calculator I'm really happy with it :)
  • First of all, congratulations on your amazing weight loss journey. I was in a similar situation and was tracking everything with MyFitness Pal, I was changing my goals according to my weight loss, but eventually I stopped losing weight.

It sounds you're doing everything right, and one of the main causes of not losing weight whilst dieting can be chronic stress, and as your wedding is fast approaching it could be down to stress that is causing, if any at all of course?

Try dropping your breakfast on the days you don't exercise and maintain a fasted state until dinner time, I found this helped me lose weight, but may not of course work for everyone. 

Cutting out alcohol also helps. Replace fast acting carbs with slow release carbs, for example, basmati rice with wholegrain rice.

Out of curiosity, what does your daily meal plan look like, I will be able to help more after seeing that. 

Kind regards.
  • lockamenkalockamenka Posts: 10 New bride
    How about running?

It’s that kind of accessibility that makes running one of the best workouts for weight loss.
  • You have achieved an amazing weight loss. You can try running and it would be a great workout for weight loss.