Wedding in 15 weeks and 2 days

I am getting married on the 5th October this year, Unfortunately I took it too literally when the lady in the dress shop told me not to bother trying to lose weight until closer to the wedding so I was 15st when i went to try it on and I have now put on 6 pounds, I want to try and lose a stone if possible before my 1st dress fitting on the 12th August.. even half a stone would be better than what i am now :lol:

Today i have started using my fitness pal and have drank 2 850ml bottles of smart water since 10am this morning. I not only want to lose weight for the wedding but for myself.. lots of my clothes no longer fit me anymore and I have bought clothes a size smaller for my honeymoon as I thought I'd have lost weight by then..  

Any tips on how I can maximize weight loss? I'm a little scared to use pills and I've not got a lot of money to be paying for SW or WW. I like plain foods (the ones you're not suppose to eat!!). I am going to start doing more exercise a few times a week too. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i have had a look on some of the other threads on here but i'm unsure about how to do low carb diets etc.. :smile: 

• Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 596 New bride
    You have started off the right way, I lost 5st using My Fitness Pal and still use it to maintain. The next step is exercise, start off with walking and then up it to either jogging or even going to a couple of classes at the gym. If you would rather do stuff at home, there are some fantastic exercise videos on You Tube that you can do in your own time. Good luck, with determination you CAN and WILL do this!
  • lockamenkalockamenka Posts: 10 New bride
    "Any tips on how I can maximize weight loss?"

Fill up with fibre
    Eating food with lots of fibre will help you feel full for longer, so you’re more likely to stick to your calorie limit.

Aim for two portions of veg on your plate. This helps to cover your plate with low-calorie filling food, leaving less room for higher-calorie ingredients.

Walk more
    Walking is one of the easiest and most effective ways of increasing your activity.

Weigh your food. 
    Use kitchen scales to weigh your ingredients before you cook. This will help you stick to the suggested serving sizes.

A snack between meals 
    Choosing fruit or vegetables instead of crisps, chocolate and other high-calorie snacks will help you replace lost energy without putting on weight.

Download free - Food & Calories Log, Weight Loss Tracker, Workout Planner
  • Wedding AahaWedding Aaha Posts: 1
    edited 1 August
    Watermelon is known as one of those fruits which can help to keep your stomach filled for a long period of time. It is a great fruit for weight loss and also helps to achieve weight loss goals easily.