june brides?

[Modified by: vics1 on 21 February 2009 20:23:57 ]

• Hey vics1 - I am a June bride and I am on the big wedding diet. Doing Weight Watchers myself and lost 11lbs so far - since mid October. I am happy to be a buddy with you, but no use with scottish slimmers if that's okay. I am unsure what to target as I am getting a made to measure dress and the measurements are being taken on 19 Jan. The dress shop woman says it's okay for me to lose a bit after the measurements are taken, but not too much as the dress will be cut as of where I am on 19th Jan, so there's no point in getting made to measure for it then to be drastically altered, Bit confused by it all really.....Maybe we do a big push together till then - get you to target and me to the best possible weight by then and then help each other with the maintenence!!!!!
  • vicster1ukvicster1uk Posts: 1,087

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:24 PM]

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:25 PM]

• MADAM_BMADAM_B Posts: 574
    Hiya vics1 and duffybrain,

I am a june bride too, june 14th I got engaged oct 2006 and since jan 2006 i have managed to lose over 2 1/2 st but am stuck at 9st8lb, arrghh! ( i started dieting well before engaged as was sick of how I looked)

I want to be around 9st as I am only 5'2". I started ww in july this year at home and got rid of a stone that way plus i go to the gym 3-4 times a week. But the last haf a stone or so is sooooo frustrating.

If we can keep each other motivated that would be fab.

Em x

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:25 PM]

I used to hate the gym with a passion and wouldnt go hence the 3st I put on in weight by pigging out.

Something suddenly clicked one night when I was getting ready to go out and I hated what I had become and cried lots.

Then in the new year 2006 I joined greens with the intention of losing all the weight.

Believe me when you see your body changing shape you stick at it and you feel proud of what you achieve.

I do have fat days still what girl doesnt? Its just about getting your head around it all. I am pretty motivated now because I love wearing the latest clothes and that is enough to keep me going.

Although i wish this last half a stone would just disappear though image

I cant believe we are getting married the same day too image

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:31 PM]

good luck with your weigh in V, Glad you enjoyed swimming. I like swimming but I tend to get bored and get out after 10mins. Prefer dry land and sweat image

I have recently bought a pair of skinny jeans and I love them, they are really flattering which 12mths ago i wouldnt have dared, plus I always though I was too short at 5'2"

• Hi Girls

Sorry - has been crazy at work and not had a minute to respond at all. Vics1 how did weigh in go? Fudge - i like you love the gym - when you get into it and see the results it makes such a difference. Currently trying to do 4 times a week - 2 gym sessions and 2 spinning sessions. I find that it doesn't help the lbs coming off maybe even slows it down due to gainign muscle, but the incles defo fall off. Got my waist measured last night - although I have only lost 11lbs, I have lost 4.5 inches from my waist!!!!! So does that inspire you vics1??? Made a boob yesterday though - someone had choc birthday cake in from M&S - had a slice as been really good all week - the looked it up - it was 10 WW points - almost half of my daily points - ouch.

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:34 PM]

hi girls,

just been reading your update duffybrain, 10 points for the cake ouch. glad your are all trying to keep motivated.

vics half a pound isnt bad at all just start again (however i do this every week :lolimage

However we went est est est in alderley edge last night for a fab hen do and ate loads and drank loads but hey I absolutely loved it.

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:33 PM]

Hiya my dress is maggie sottero- ramona, its corseted and it does wonders for my figure.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?line=m&pageSize=8&page=16&style=A3005

hen do was fab we gave my friend a good send off.

whats your dress like?

• Morning Ladies

Fudge - your dress is lovely - v sophisticated!!!! I know what you mean about a good corset - I am getting a Sassi Holford Maisie. Can't give you a link as it doesn't exist yet. There is a Maisie dress but I am changing some of the detail and the material so I can only really see it in my head!!! Am getting a sketch though - should get that at my fitting next month. Won't see the actual dress till April though.....

vics - loving the Ben & Gerry's - did you resist? Have you had their choc brownie low fat yoghurt - it's amazing and about half the calories! Good news this week (despite eating and drinking loads over the weekend - including a pizza hut a burger and chippy chips)- 1lb off - 12lbs in total. On target for my stone for xmas.....Only 1 full week left where I can fit in the gym and no nights out - then it's all go on the xmas front next week!!!

Have a great week ladies!!!
    Hi girls,

Duffybain you must be so patient waiting for a pic of your dress, I look at the pic of mine at least once a week image ( I cannot wait to get it fitted properly)

You must show us when you get it. Just been sorting accounts out urgh, money goes out so fast coming up to xmas cant wait till its over.

I was naughty last night ate half a big bar of galaxy, i wanted it so badly I gave in, oh well image

Am on noons and nights from tomorrow till the end of the week then I have got time off for xmas a whole 2 weeks woo-hoo.

Have fab rest of week girls xx

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:37 PM]

• vics - wow your dress is so unusual - love it! How did you come across that? I am not having the Maisie sash as such, I am getting a lace empire line put under the bust which ties in a bow at the back and comes down in tails over the train. Then I am having the daisy lace shrug to match. No veil as I think the shrug and the tails are enough. I may get a vintage broach at the back instead of tying the tails in a bow, but need to see it I think before I can decide that!!!! I am also having the material changed from Zibiline to Duchess Satin. But the Maisie shape is still there!!! My bmaids are having a champagne dessy dress with an ivory lace overlay, tied with a champgane sash - so we will sort of be opposites!!! So excited.....

On another note ladies - I had a personal training session on Monday - was great. He has told me to cut out diary products completely and this will speed up weight loss apparantly. Tried soya milk though this morning which he said I should have - yuck - no way that's happening... Seeing him again next week - he seems to think xmas is cancelled for me this year.......

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:38 PM]

I have managed to get to.........9st7 and a 1/2....its such a hard slog (oh why only half??). Def xmas too many chocs and stuff in the control room arrgh must try harder image

duffybain heard that dairy is supposed to help weight loss around tummy as long as low fat better than those who cut it out completely?? All this advice some days you dont know if you are coming or going.

Your dresses sound and look so fab I cant wait for my fittings. vics1 your dress is so unusual.

• Hi Girls

Well done fudge - half is great especially at this time of year. Week isn't going well at all - eating too much and not counting at all. ooops - still gymming it - had a good sesh last night and going to Spinning tonight so can maybe hope to stay the same this week.

Vics - you are in Glasgow - I live in Falkirk and work in Edinburgh. Where are you getting married? I should have klicked when you said you were a Scottish Slimmer that you were in scotland. Fudge where do you live?

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:39 PM]

god, my posts are so longgggg. sorry to bore you girls!
  • Hey Vics - don't worry about your posts - I like interesting things to read, esp when at work - yawn! Your venue looks fab - very chic......... I am getting married at Dunkeld House (in Dunkeld of all places..) so the whole country house thing - reason for that was simply the setting - hoping to get married outside and the scenery is just amazing. I said years ago I wanted to get married there and it has actually come true.

Yep Fudge - let us have the details ogf where you live and your venue!

Height - I am 5'7" (and a good few stone heavier than you ladies, but I won't go into that), currently a size 16 clothes and want to be a 14.

Have either of you thought about invitation wording yet? I need to do it this week.....

Also - not about now till next Thurs - so have a great week and weigh ins and I'll talk to you Thurs
    Hiya girls,

Have been dead busy I work shifts (boooooo).

I live in "sunny" Stoke-on-Trent, miles away frm you two.

Incidentally I am making my invites this week all by hand, have 97 to get thru so very hard work. We are sorting wording tonight hopefully image

I am off for 2 weeks now you see so this will be the only chance I get to make them.

I am getting maried in church and then going to the moat house hotel in stoke, its a modern hotel but I havent any pics to hand at mo...will the website link do?

http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/Hotels/Best-Western-Stoke-on-Trent-Moat-House-83862/Hotel-Info/Default.aspx

Crewe hall was far too expensive but its gorge.

what a coincidence you dont live far from each other, scary :0)

I am all of ...........5'2". So as you can imagine its a lot of hard work to keep the pounds off.

xx

• Hi girls Im new to this forum, our wedding is booked for June 20th but I have just had a baby 4 weeks ago so still no dress picked yet...eeekkk!! Also Im 10st 10lb and only 5ft 2 so I'd like to lose weight before the wedding and get to around 9st2lb if I can as I was happy at that weight! What do I do about my dress tho?? Im a 12 at the moment and would like to be a small 10 (8 if poss) - How can I order a dress asap without having a clue what size I'll be in June??

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:41 PM]

hi duffy, looked up both your venues online - how stunning! you must be so excited!!!

[Modified by: vics1 on February 21, 2009 08:42 PM]

• Jan98765Jan98765 Posts: 631
    Hi Fudge, I am also from sunny Stoke - I get married at the Manor House in Alsager 22nd June 2008. The Moat House is is brilliant venue (was booked for my date) when do you get married? Have you sorted a florist or cake yet?

• Hi Ladies - back after a manic week - was in london for our sales conference. So loads of food and drink and just been out for a big burger for lunch. Lost another 1lb last week taking me to 13lbs, but doubt I will make the stone for xmas due to this week being so bad. Also have a bit of a cold, so not feeling up to the gym at all......

Welcome Charlee & Jan.......Congrats on the baby Charlee!!
    Hiya Girls,

welcome jan (hey up duck) and charlee ( congrats on baby charlee too).

jan we booked moathouse in oct 2006 and cos we have soooo many family and friends it was the only feasible place really as we need the ballroom.

florist booked- the topiary tree in hanford, rose is fab and listens to every idea I have, bet she is fed up of me now. My cake(s) are being done by a friend so thats sorted too, in fact when I go collect my xmas cake tommorow i need to sort out designs for wedding cake and cupcakes eeeekkkk! in fact most things are booked and done and dusted.

is anyone else losing the willpower v.quickly to diet now christmas is nearly here?? I just wanna eat everything in sight mmmmmm. I know exactly what you mean vics.

duffybain how was london? did you get to do any xmas shopping on oxford st? omg your venue looks fabulous imageimageimage

charlee dont fret you dont have much to lose at all I'm sure come january you will get motivated. All the shops tell you that its easier to take a dress in rather than take it out so dont worry.

I hope I dont go off the rails too much either over christmas hopefully not as I am off now till the 29th so there arent too many chocs to tempt me.