Gillian McKeith

I've seen a book - Gillian McKeith's Wedding Countdown Diet. Is it any good? :\) x

• Jan98765Jan98765 Posts: 631
    Hi Shantelle

I havent tried her wedding book but tried the first one that she wrote - I couldnt stick to it at all to be honest, aduki beans and soup did nothing for me !!!

Let us know if you give it a go

• I am planning on getting Gillian's book as I need to shave a little bit off of my torso to make sure my dress is not too tight. I think I will cut out break, drink lots of water, have a daily run and cut out chocolate and cakes and biscuits. Probably need to eat seeds and nuts too. Good luck x x
  • I'm tempted to get this book too. I'm a veggie and she seems to do lots of veggie stuff so it might be one of the few that work!

Good luck if you go with it image x x
  • goneawaygoneaway Posts: 1,676
    sueculverwell if you meant you wanted to cust out breakfast then please don't - it's not called the most important meal of the day for nothing! It helps kick-start your metabolism and keeps your blood sugar at the right level. Without it you'll soon feel lethargic and hungry long before lunch.

Good luck, S xx
  • nonnymouse - oops, (typing gone arry) i meant tea breaks not breakfast as tea breaks in work usually mean tea and cake. Sue x
  • Hi I was tempted to by the book but read the reviews on amazon so I gave it a miss. The reviews weren't good!!
  • Hi I was tempted to by the book but read the reviews on amazon so I gave it a miss. The reviews weren't good!!
  • I have got the book out of the library (budget tip - saves the expense of buying it) and to be honest I have only briefly looked at it but it sounds very strict and she suggests doing a detox which sounds revolting - vegetable broth for lunch and dinner which is basically just the water you boil veggies in. Sounds like you will lose weight on it.

I will read more and report back when I have a bit more of an idea what is involved.
  • RosapennyRosapenny Posts: 4,249
    I have the book, I havent tried everything on it but it is a very good book but very difficult to stick to.