wedding entertainment wales!!!!

HI GUYS,

JUST A BIT STUCK WITH WEDDING ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

IM LOOKING FOR A BAND FOR THE EVENING OF OUR WEDDING AND MAYBE SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR DRINKS RECEPTION?????? OUR WEDDING IS IN SWANSEA AUG 2010.

I HAD A SAXOPHONIST IN MIND, FOR DRINKS RECEPTION, BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYONE ON THE NET, PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS BOOKED OR HAD A FAB WEDDING BAND OR BOOKED SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR DRINKS RECEPTION? PLEASE HELP ME OUT, GETTING REALLY STRESSED LOL :\?

• I can't promise anything, but my sister has contacts with loads of musicians. can you give any idea of what type of music you want played, and for how long?
  • ok great, well for the day i was looking for a musician possibly saxophonist for an hour for drinks reception, then for the night say hour again a band not too modern, just an all rounder really, my friend had a band called swing shift they were a jazz band they were awsome, but when we contacted them they said our venue wasnt big enough for the whole band (15 of them) they would recommened 4-5 members to do it, but i just cant visualise the band being any good, with only 4-5 of them? does your sister know of them? thanks for replying xx
  • yeah, think I've heard of them. I'm a saxophonist myself, so I'll have a word with a few people I used to play with. when I speak to my sister, I'll ask her xx
  • A good way of finding a band/entertainment would be to speak to one of the local music agents, such as Fraser Lawson or Charlie Power Agency. You can get their number off the net. You'll be able to discuss your requirements and you'll usually get a good choice
  • Our venue would't let us hold a band but would a singer so we have opted for a guy called tony martin the crooner! have heard some good reports on him he sings Sinatra and Michael Buble not sure if anyone else has heard of him?
  • try elastic band ...the have a website and are really good all rounders... THEY ARE BASED IN CWMBRAN BUT TRAVEL...they have a website..google them x
  • Try Bespoke Acoustic Duo - they're from Cardiff and the singer has an amazing voice. It's acoustic and chilled out, perfect for what you're after. I saw them at a wedding in Sept and they play really up to date stuff and even found out the bride and groom fav song and played a gorgeous version of it for them. They were really cheap (£200 I think) www.bespokeacousticduo.co.uk
  • Hi everyone! 

I realise this is an unconventional way of advertising but we provide an excellent wedding band service at a very affordable price that includes live music of your choice, a dj set in between the live music, lighting and sound rig and a friendly attitude and smile for free!! :)

We are called Contraband and you can hear us perform on our Web page:

www.gigall.co.uk/contraband 

Please don't hesitate to contact me on 07790954409

Thankyou!!

Rob