Bridal Shop South Wales

Hello all,

I am getting a little nervous about my bridal shop, which I don't want to name and shame on here til I find out if i'm annoyed for good reason!

I ordered my dress from there after a lovely experience at viewing very beautiful dresses. I loved my dress when I ordered it and was very happy. On hindsight I wish I had waited and returned to just be 100% rather than jumping in, but perhaps there was a little pressure (the dress had a discount but the shop was vague about how much and the original price).

When I returned to the shop to show my dress to my MOH and friend the lady seemed a little less accommodating. No pictures (despite 50% deposit), no trying on dress with shoes. Seemed a bit put out that I did not agree with her about type of veil. Some confusion about the size of dress also, I had not been measured, she said she'd used estimation.

I rang up a week later to order a colour swatch, was told by someone else that the message would be passed on but to ring back after 2 weeks to 'check'. When I did I was told to wait another month before ringing back. Am doing so now but no one is ever answering!

Sorry this is so long, i'm just getting a bit nervous about the service. My friend had her swatch 2 weeks after requesting from her shop.

What do you think? Am I being unreasonable for being a little annoyed?

• Mrs-L-2bMrs-L-2b Posts: 1,702
    Hi

I don't think you are being unreasonable. It seems that they have got their money and not bothered about the customer service anymore!

Which shop is it? Would be good to know just to see if anyone else has had the same issues?

Ive just read your previous post and is the shop you are referring to Celtic Brides? I have ordered my dress from there and touch wood have had no problems. I too ordered a swatch and it came within about a month - they did say it could take around 6 weeks though.

I am still waiting for my dress to arrive....they said it would be here Aug/Sep time so not panicking yet - maybe ask me that in another month if it still hasn't arrived!!

• The reason I visited there initially was because of the excellent reviews I had read about the service!

I'll narrow it down by saying it's a Cardiff one... See if anyone has had similar problems at a Cardiff shop image
  • You got it! As I said, the initial appointment was great. I'm just concerend by the never answering of phone. It's good to hear that everything has gone ok for you, i'm probably over reacting!
    I know that one of ladies (Janine i think she is called) has had a baby recently so she may in fact be on maternity leave, resulting in maybe being short staffed? I am just guessing at that though and may not be the case.

I would ring them again regarding the fabric swatch, or perhaps pop into the shop if you live close by? Sometimes dealing with people face to face is easier than on the phone?

Hope you get things sorted!

• Ah, that could be why. I really want to give the benefit of the doubt, it could just be a mistake and being busy may have meant the message slipped. I've heard such good things about the place that I didn't let the second visit worry me. Everyone can have an off day in work!

I'll ring and try again. Hopefully get the swatch before the dress! image