Forum home Welsh brides

Dress shop near Swansea

Hi, I live near Swansea and am getting married abroad. I am looking for a dress that's not too complicated, and more importantly, not too expensive! Are there any recommendations for shops that have ranges at reasonable rates, say under £500, or am I being over optimistic?! (But, I still obviously want the dress to look beautiful and not like a cheapie.....)

thanks!

• Hi Amimagic

I live in Swansea and when i went looking i have to be honest there was not much around for under £500. Maybe now would be the time as they are probably having sales, and new stock in so you might pick up something quite reasonable. I got my dress from Liberte Bridal, Mumbles, you have to make an appointment but lovely dresses and lovely service.

Hope this helps

• It is really unnecessary for us to spend more money on our wedding dresses, we can choose the cheap dresses with unique style,how about the dress?

• Thanks Dizzywales - I thought I was being a bit optimistic! I have noticed a few sales on though so am going to start looking in earnest this week.
  • Just thought I'd post that Cariad Bridal in Llanelli has a sale on at the mo. I've bought a beautiful dress for £395 down from £895 and the service was great. This may help someone image
  • oooh who are you lol

i am cariad

sale is over but we have a small sale rail in the pontarddulais shop at all times for well under £500 budget xx

with a budget please be careful girls of the added extras like hoops and petticoats and alterations had a bride the other day bought elsewhere £300 dress and the hem was £190 and the petticoat £80 so be very careful find out all your costings before buying xxx

come and see us if you want 01792 885132 please book though we are extremely busy and you may not be seen if you walk in xx
  • Monsoon and BHS (yes, really!) have gorgeous dresses at reasonable prices. x