where's everyone getting married in south wales?!?!

13»

• Hi just wondering for those who had their wedding at the Cwrt Bleddyn how was it?  Thanks Lisa x

• The BrideThe Bride Posts: 60
    I'm getting married at the St David's Hotel in Cardiff Bay and its drawing worryingly close now! image
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 91

The Bride, went to a fab wedding @ St. David's last year, the view out into the Bay when the night fell was beautiful. We're getting married at The Vale in March 2016, it was just beautiful. Not too fussed on the reception room if I'm honest, but the spa, conservatory for the ceremony & the bridal suite more than make up for it!

• I'm getting married in The Vale Hotel next year. The hotel has lovely grounds, a beautiful conservatory for the ceremony and a huge reception room. So happy with the venue! Xx
  • MrsJ2b6MrsJ2b6 Posts: 33

We're getting married in St Catwg's Church in Neath, then reception in the Glyn Clydach Hotel afterwards - it has lovely grounds, and the reception room is just spot on really for what we want. 

• SB2013SB2013 Posts: 281

I'm getting married in The Corran Resort & Spa, laugharne, formerly Hurst House! X

• FH2013FH2013 Posts: 39

I'm getting married at the King Arthur in November, can't wait! X

• DaffodilDaffodil Posts: 23

FH2013 - we're considering your venue for our wedding! I've got a brochure from them and it says the prices start about £48 pp (off the top of my head) for day guests. Do you know if that is before or after the 25% discount? I told them I was interested in a winter wedding so I'm not sure if they sent me a special brochure or not!

I'm new to the site and not sure how to send a private message but if you know how, feel free to reply that way! image

What's your colour scheme?

• FH2013FH2013 Posts: 39

I'm having my wedding in November and have the 25% off which has made a huge difference! The brochure is full price so take of the 25% for the winter deal. We don't have a fixed colour scheme, Enchanted Decor are dressing the venue we are going for ivory roses and greenery with lots of candles image  the rooms are also buy one get one free on the winter deal x

• DaffodilDaffodil Posts: 23
    FH2013 wrote (see)

I'm having my wedding in November and have the 25% off which has made a huge difference! The brochure is full price so take of the 25% for the winter deal. We don't have a fixed colour scheme, Enchanted Decor are dressing the venue we are going for ivory roses and greenery with lots of candles image  the rooms are also buy one get one free on the winter deal x

Ah, that's brilliant! We're looking at dates in 2014. There were a couple of dates left in Jan/Feb but Nov was all booked up so we're going to have to decide whether to get a move on with our plans or wait until 2015! Hope you have a lovely day - your theme sounds amazing!

• Jelly TotJelly Tot Posts: 117

We're getting married in the Glyn Clydach Hotel in Neath - lovely grounds and the staff there are so helpful image

• We're having our reception at 'Sgubor Teile in Bwllchllan (Other side of Lampeter in Ceredigion). Old barn renovated to restaurant - they attach a marquee to the side of the building. Will tailor the menu etc to our needs and a self catering cottage attached for us to spend the night. Just logged onto this today for the first time in a couple of weeks and only 126 days to go!

• ScattyScatty Posts: 6

We are getting married at Ocean View Gower. Its is so beautiful. As soon as we got there I think the H2B decided it was the place he wanted. He didnt even want to go to any other venue. Its sounds very similar to yours Enfys. 257 Days to go!

• Hi, I'm getting married at Oldwalls in November 2014, we went to view a couple of places,  but fell in love with Oldwalls and the Gower  image 

• Can anyone recommend a wedding venue in Carmarthenshire? Looking for as much inspiration as possible. Would be prepared to travel into Pembrokeshire or Swansea/Gower but ideally looking for something close to home in Carmarthenshire. 

• cornishwedcornishwed Posts: 353

Hi Guys, I realise this is slighty OT but i went dress shopping today at timeless elegance in cardiff and had such a wonderufl time, i thought i should share if anyone else is in need of a recommendation!

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

Oxwich Bay Hotel for me image  Although King Arthur came in a close second - that room is absolutely stunning!  But the beach swung it for me image  Had a fab day when I went to view Oldwalls, there was also a wedding fayre on that day, and me and my mum definitely had our fill of free food!  Ocean View was top of my list before we started viewing places, but we went for our viewing and the lady didn't show up...  My parents went to a fair there though (without me...they're actually crazy) and they adored it.

• Cornishwed, what side of camarthenshire are you? I'm swansea side, The Cawdor hotel in Llandelio is supposed to be nice, it's the sister hotel of Morgans in Swansea. 

• MrsburaMrsbura Posts: 125

Anybody know if de courceys is big enough for a ceilidh in the evening?

• cornishwedcornishwed Posts: 353

im actually from Bristol. .I ended up in Cardiff as they were the only ones with a particular dress I wanted to see!

• Hi all, I'm new in here. I'm jealous of all you old walls brides as it's my first choice but H2B said it's too far for evening guests when we went to view, mind did get lost twice and took about 1 1/2 hrs. I'm torn between miskin manor and canada lake. Getting married in feb 2015 and can't wait x

• We are getting married in Norton House, Mumbles. Has anyone else been to a wedding there? Xxx

• Josiejo2014 - me and H2B went to a Wedding there last September - the place was lovely! We were only there for the evening but the Hog Roast was delicious! Inside was pretty and elegant as well image xx

• Also, we're thinking of Carreg Cennen Castle for the reception! Absolutely stunning place, and being a winter wedding, it fits in lovely with our theme image Not exactly budget though, that's the only problem. But, as H2B says, we're only gonna do this once, so we'll have it where we both want it image Haven't heard anything negative about it either. Anyone here been to a wedding there? image xx

• Annie6Annie6 Posts: 15

Im getting married in St Cadocs Church, and reception in Woodlands Log Cabin, May 2015 Can't wait image xx

• LauJoLauJo Posts: 3

I am getting married in Glyndwr Vineyard in Cowbridge... beautiful surroundings for a wedding!! 

www.glyndwrvineyard.co.uk