High Society, Cowbridge

Has anybody used High Society Bridal shop in Cowbridge? Going there soon and just wondering what they are like. Quite keen to go as they have alot of designers I like there.

• I went there and had a good experience. Quite a small shop, you come out of the changing room directly into the main part of the shop. Definitely chose your knickers wisely as if the samples are too small (some of them were for me, and I'm a size 14), your underwear might be visible to anyone walking down the pavement. They were perfectly straightforward about giving me the names and prices of the dresses I liked best and then costs for made-to-measure/alterations.
  • I went there and had a good experience. Quite a small shop, you come out of the changing room directly into the main part of the shop. Definitely chose your knickers wisely as if the samples are too small (some of them were for me, and I'm a size 14), your underwear might be visible to anyone walking down the pavement. They were perfectly straightforward about giving me the names and prices of the dresses I liked best and then costs for made-to-measure/alterations.
  • gemskatgemskat Posts: 692
    I went there last week and really enjoyed myself. The staff were really lovely and helped me with lots of things, and listened to what I said, compared to other shops who totally ignore you and show you the complete opposite to what you like. I have seen one I really like there, I'm just trying to decide whether to go straight to the designer and have it made for me or get it from the shop and have it altered to me.

Good luck, you'll really enjoy it.

xx
  • HL2010HL2010 Posts: 195
    So glad for this post been looking for reviews on the shop as I am in love with a Jenny Packham dress they have. Am booking an appointment this week!
  • beckyyyxxxbeckyyyxxx Posts: 1,102
    Lovely shop, quite small and pricey but very nice!! xx
  • Fab thanks for your help ladies. They have quite a few designers there that I want to look at.

And thanks for the advice about the underwear choice Miss penguin I had a similar experience in another bridal shop and was glad I had my Bridget Jones pants on!! x
  • Really liked the shop people there are very nice, still havent made my mind up on dress yet. Good first impressions of the shop though!
  • Mared-Mared- Posts: 1

Enter this bridal store at your peril. I had to wear a stained bridal gown on my big day and received no compensation. The trauma, upset and anger for the week before my wedding and for months after has caused me a huge amount of stress. Their after care is diabolical. Do not be tempted by the designers they stock, look for another stockist. 

• MissSMissS Posts: 267 New bride

It is lovely there- some very nice dresses- there was a stunning veil I tried on actually which stood out the most! Staff are very helpful and friendly!  I went on a day where they were giving out bubbly so that was fun!