Forum home Welsh brides

ceremony music/harpist

What is everybody doing for civil wedding ceremonies? I did want a harpist however found them quite expensive when I got a quote £250 for 1/2 hour ceremony in a hotel and 1/2 hour prior to the ceremony!

Does anybody have any better quotes or recommendations?

Thanks

• We paid 450 for a string group to play for 3hrs. It was well worth it-everone complimented them. I cant remember them thought-not even if they played the song I wanted dwn the aisle!
  • Yikes!

I have Bethan Hughes - paying £150 for ceremony music. That is probably an hours worth.

http://www.bethanmyfanwy.com/
  • EMKETEMKET Posts: 133
    We orginally booked Elin Lloyd as a harpist which was £350 for ceremony and drinks reception.

We now have Cambria String Quartet to place ceremony and drinks reception and they are £515.

Neither were the cheapest looking above! image
  • knd20knd20 Posts: 6
    I'm having Shelley Fairplay, £250 for one hour. Went to see her play and she was AMAZING! The first song she played for us was the one I want to walk down the aisle to and it was so beautiful I felt all emotional! (hope I don't get too overcome on the day!!). I think she'll be worth the money, it'll completey change the atmosphere in the ceremony, I think it'll be lovely image
  • Had our wedding on Friday, Bethan was amazing!
  • doon86doon86 Posts: 87
    I had Elin lloyd at our wedding and she was fab. We booked her at a wedding fayre and she was £350 for ceremony, welcome drinks and wedding breakfast.
  • Thanks Fairy,

I had looked on Welsh harpists website and had a quote for around £250, Bethan is £100 less I have sent her an email her website looks amazing. I'm glad I read this thread now!
  • Im having Bethan Myfanwy Hughes at mine tomorrow, she is amazing and really cheap for what she offers..she has learnt all Japanese anime music for my theme and is walking me down the isle to her amazing voice and harp playing. I am so excited and she gave me 50% dscount cos my hubby to be is serving in the forces.
  • We had Bethan Nia who was fantastic very helpful with suggestions & cost £150 for the ceremony. I tried getting hold of Bethan Myfanwy Hughes as i had seen her at a wedding fayre but tbh when i was talking to the person who was with her at the wedding fayre they seemed very uninterested & then when i tried to call her & her email address both didnt go through. I did find her on facebook but she took 2 weeks to reply & then it was to say she was booked, shame as i will say she sounded great. But my recommendation would be Bethan NIa amazing & she will sing too & responds to emails contact instantly.
  • nenjennenjen Posts: 1,524
    I don't know where you're getting married but we're having a lovely harpist called Nerys Hewitt who is based in the Denbighshire/Flintshire area. She's playing at the church for an hour before the ceremony whilst guests arrive, then she will play during the ceremony and will then move to our reception venue (which is 20 minutes away) and will play for an hour whilst everyone has reception drinks.

She's only charging £250 which I think is fantastic value considering that she will be attending for over 3 hours.

Jen