Forum home Welsh brides

Canada lake and lodge...

Hi ladies,

i went for look around Canada lake and lodge yesterday and loved it BUT while we were there someone came in and spoke to the owner and asked how much he was selling for?

i thought this was a joke initially but he kept on load the owner looked really shifty in front of us once this was asked. He kept saying that if we booked and it was sold the contract would have to be honoured etc etc but its made me worried. He was adamant he wasn't selling but the other man coming in really worried us.

turns out his partner died 8 weeks ago, and the man that came in was the brother of the partner so not sure whether he's trying to sell his half to get some £££££

would this worry you if booking your venue and this happened? It's the only place I've liked so far!

• welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224

It is a gorgeous venue, but yes this might worry me a bit.  If only the one share was being sold then you could assume that the running of the place would stay fairly similar.

In all honesty, if it is the venue of your dreams, go for it (just make sure you have wedding insurance!) x

• MonkeygirlMonkeygirl Posts: 658

I had my wedding here two years ago and Canada Lodge made it a wonderful day. Family and friends still talk about the beautiful setting and the incredible food. The whole experience from first meeting to picking things up afterwards was professional and plain sailing.

The venue is so popular and makes an absolute killing, it would very much surprise me if things were changed. I am fairly local to the area so will keep my ear out for gossip about any changes of hands.