Location, Location, Location - rustic theme...for 150-200 people

Hi there

I really want a relaxed rustic style wedding in a barn/lodge like environment with plenty of outdoor space in South Wales.  The only problem is that I have a guest list of 200 people...I can perhaps lower to 150 but really don't want to. I also want to have them all for a sit down wedding breakfast...but preferably without a marquee.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I would really like a blank canvas to build on and preferably with the option of getting married in the same place as the reception and having accommodation on site...I'm not asking much am I? Any help would be really appreciated!

• Gabi_luGabi_lu Posts: 284

Rhosygilwen in Pembrokeshire 

x

• Canada lodge

• I was going to say Canada Lodge too. or St. Donats arts centre in the vale of glamorgan?

• Aimee Jones2Aimee Jones2 Posts: 417

Glyn clydach Neath x x 

• fi1fi1 Posts: 8

Hi Kara,

Seems like you have the same problem as we did when we were looking for our venue. The barns that I visited were too small and some were more modern buildings with beams rather than the rustic barns we had been hoping for. I am now getting married in hereford and I am from south wales so its about 40mins so not too far to travel. Check it out its Lyde court. 17th century barn. Holds 250 guests and doesnt get much more rustic than this! Check them out on facebook too for wedding pics.

Good luck x