Help with veil

so I've finally found my gown... well actually I found two! long story short I swapped my first one after having second doubts. I have always longed for a lace dress and lace edge cathedral length veil but worry that it won't go with my dress, do you think this is the case? If so what veil do you think would look best, i'm really not too fussed on short veils. thank you! 

imageimageimage

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,521 New bride

I think a chapel or cathedral veil would work nicely, but maybe a plain one rather than lace? You don't want it covering the detail on your dress

• Mimi8Mimi8 Posts: 314

I Gree, a nice long veil but you have a lovely lot of lace on the dress , a plain veil or one with a few sparkles dotted over will let the detail of the gorgeous dress show through xxx

• Wow your dress is a show stopper! I agree with not liking short veils - if you're going to do a veil, do it properly! I'd say chapel or cathedral length plain (or a few sparkles if that's your thing). If you really want a lace veil, you'd need to have it made to match the lace on your dress. I think it'd just take away from your dress, which is so amazing you don't want to do that!

• Thank you all for your opinions, i do think I have to give in and have something plain, I'm not too keen on sparkles. i do absolutely love vintage hair drape peices. Im just finding it hard to tear away for the traditional veil! i have my eye on something like these ... image

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,521 New bride

No reason you can't wear a hair accessory like that as well as a veil! Just have the veil start under it. Or have you considered a vintage drape veil like this which you could possibly fix onto the hair piece?

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I was also going to suggest a 2 comb veil like this one:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/253054383/silk-tulle-veil-ivory-wedding-veil

• Can't help with the veil, but that dress is awesome, I've seen a fair few dresses too.