Coming off the Pill

Me and my hubby are not planning on ttc just yet, hopefully in the next few months, I'm still on the Pill and was wondering whether I'm meant to go to the Dr's before coming off the Pill, or do I just use up what I have left??

What have you ladies done? :\)

• Griff2bGriff2b Posts: 122
    We are looking to start TTC straight after wedding in April. I went to the Docs last week to get my pill perscription and we discussed it then, He advised me to eat lots of fruit and veg, take some from of folic acid 3 months before and continuting whist ttc. He said give myself 1 cycle to recover after stopping the pill. You can just stop taking the pill when ever you are ready...... I have 6 months left and prob wont use all of that xxxx
  • mrsaimeemrsaimee Posts: 288
    I've just taken myself off it. It's not like a medication that you can't do without so there shouldn't be any bad effects from coming off unless you went on it for a medical reason i.e. heavy periods etc.

Still go to the docs when you want to start TTC as I'm under the impression that if you haven't had boosters and things they like you to have them before you conceive etc.

Good luck and enjoy being pill free....it's liberating!
  • Griff2bGriff2b Posts: 122
    Quoted:
    I've just taken myself off it. It's not like a medication that you can't do without so there shouldn't be any bad effects from coming off unless you went on it for a medical reason i.e. heavy periods etc.

Still go to the docs when you want to start TTC as I'm under the impression that if you haven't had boosters and things they like you to have them before you conceive etc.

Good luck and enjoy being pill free....it's liberating!

concerned now, i went to my doc and he didn't say anything about boosters???