Forum home You & Your Baby

TTC January 09

• mrsa111mrsa111 Posts: 385
    I went back to normal in the first month. After 7 years on the pill. I guess it depends on the person.

Sorry i can't offer more than that.

If anything i think i am more regular now than i was before i went on the pill. Bizzare...but then its only been 2 and 1/2 months since i came off. It could all yet go pear shaped.
  • Hi Georgina, Princesshoney and Lulu82. Us 25th Brides are going to be a busy bunch this new year. I only stopped taking my last pack of pills on Thursday so very early days for us. Have no idea about cycle or anything at all yet. We are just going to see what happens for now I think.

Good luck to you all. I think I will be around for a few months yet so not getting too excited yet.

xxxximage
  • Hi ladies,

hope you dont mind if i join, have been watching these threads for the past couple of months and H2b and i decided to give TTC a go in the new year. We are getting married in march and i know what your thinking but i doubt i'll be pregnant by then. I have polycystic ovaries and i have no idea what my cycle is up to so its all a bit random and im sort of prepared for this to be a long haul. but we thought the sooner we get trying the better! So im on a new diet, ive got some metformin from the doctor and im stocked up on folic acid! My last period was the 4th december and i have felt a bit premenstral today so fingers crossed. Im putting my test date as 31st jan - but imay change this if AF arrives. Soi wish you all well and hope we get lots of BFP's this month!:\)

Lulu82- 9th January

mrs gemmiebaby - 13th January

Lucyj81 - 17th January

NowMrsM -18th January

georginanewt - 18th January

MRSHSB- 23rd January

Mrs Grantham(Fur)- 25th January

Animal84 - 27th january

Claribel ??

MrsMtoB ??

Bes ??

Mikijo 28th January

JR2b - due 28th Jan/test 1 Feb

d7p ??

Brideylorr-Now Mrs Bell ??

winks 31st Jan

• Lulu-K-82Lulu-K-82 Posts: 868
    Lulu82- 9th January BFP!!

Lucyj81 - 17th January

NowMrsM -18th January

MRSHSB- 23rd January

Animal84 - 27th january

Claribel ??

MrsMtoB ??

Bes ??

Mikijo 28th January

d7p ??

winks 31st Jan

How exciting to have 4 of us wedding day buddies here?! I'm thinking it must be a fertile-lucky day to get married because not only have I got my BFP, two of my bridesmaids are now expecting!

Would love to have some due in September buddies too, good luck for those testing next week

• well thats january off to a good start! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! have a happy pregnancy - enjoy it!!
  • Lulu-K-82Lulu-K-82 Posts: 868
    I will do when I stop panicking and when I have told my parents ha ha!
  • I'm not sure whether to count me out this month or not. Had spotting last night and small amount again today but not full AF. I was thinking I would be expecting AF around 18th/20th Jan but not sure as only had first AF since coming off depo in Dec 07 just before Christmas 08.

Maybe I should hang on in there and test at end of month if dont have full AF as we BD'd since new year when think would have been OV'ing and yesterday was 1st day of no BD'ing.

What do you ladies think? Hang on in & test at end of month or start over again? Your votes are needed as will do the general consensus.

[Modified by: NowMrsM on January 10, 2009 01:38 PM]

• MrsA86MrsA86 Posts: 997
    Lulu82- 9th January BFP!!

Lucyj81 - 17th January

NowMrsM -18th January

MRSHSB- 23rd January

Animal84 - 27th january

Claribel ??

MrsMtoB ??

Bes ??

Mikijo 28th January

d7p ??

winks 31st Jan

PrincessHoney 19th Jan

Congratulations Lulu, I'm so happy for you and you've got this month off to a good start so lets keep them BFP's coming girlies xx

• Congrats Lulu! What a great start. Bet you're really excited. Hope there are lots more to follow.x
  • Lauz41Lauz41 Posts: 2,582
    *Also in general chat so appologies*

Well the dreaded period seems to be here.....a few days late which is unusual for me! i usually have light spotting for a few days which is obvious when wiping so i have been on the look out (sorry too much info) and tonight it finally seems to be here! even tho it was expected its a bit disapointing so we are going to try properly now!

The worst part is i have 'felt' pregnant for days now even tho i kno its ridiculous but i'v felt nauseated, have had very bad cramps worse than my usual pmt ones, i have broken out in spots, been peeing more, have had sore breasts, heartburn and gone of sum foods.....it is soooo pyschological! i thot i would have a glass of wine to console myself tonight before trying properly now and it turned into half a bottle and now im feeling guilty thinking 'what if i am actually pregnant afterall' its ridiculous - i am a sensible woman normally and i seem to have completely lost the plot after deciding only last week on a bit of a whim to try for a family afterall rather than wait til june lol!

please someone tell me it gets easier....

Lx

Sorry to say that it doesn't. I have also been 'symptom (sp?) spotting' without even realising. I've broken out in spots, like I did with my 1st pregnancy, sore boobs, heartburn EVERY time I eat and feeling sick, all just like my 1st time.

I told myself I wouldn't look for things like that but I've done it without realising, I'm going mental, so because I had that BFN the other day I decided to have a few drinks last night. The best part of a bottle of vodka actually, danced like a prat and am now suffering for it today! lol.

Being in my drunken state I told hubby that it's not fair i'm not pregnant yet and it's taking ages, then he pointed out that this is only our first month of trying! lol xx
    lol princesshoney i dont mean to laugh but that sounds a bit like me......although i think i am a bit more nuts as i dont even have a previous pregnancy to compare it to i just decided i felt these symptoms and had a 'feeling' that i was pregnant! We also hadnt even tried properly tho from now on we will so god knows how i will be in feb when i am waiting for the dreaded AF and if it actually comes arrgggh!

Also although i kno its my usual spotting which is noticeable when wiping for a few days before period comes fully (sorry too much info) and im now going 'oohhh please be implantation bleeding' there is stil hope....

i think before my 6 months of 'trying without stressing and thinking about it' as agreed with hubby is not going too well and i am not pregnant by then i think i may need sectioned!!!

Good Luck trying.....

Lx
    I'm dreading my AF coming as I know it will just knock me, I know I will definatly cry when it does come. You could be experiencing implantation bleeding, so fingers crossed that it is, i'm sorry if it's not though.

I think i'm getting worse because I have been pregnant before because now everytime I get something that's similar i'm like, 'Ooohh, maybe I'm pregnant' but sadly, I'm not yet xx
  • gemmiebabygemmiebaby Posts: 1,305
    LauraS and PrincessHoney - Im so sorry but it has been really funny to read both your posts! If im right then I think we are the same age, or similar, and I know I couldve written both your posts (apart from the fact I should come to the end of month 5 tomorrow). However, we havent really been thinking properly about it since xmas so been a bit more manic about it this month. I have NO af symptoms, or any other symptoms to be honest, so although I am thinking no, im secretly hoping yes! Theres no reason why we wouldnt have done it, although I havent been looking out for ov or using anything to tell me, but we do bd about 4-5 times a week, especially over xmas, so I havent been worrying about doing it any more over particular times. Hoping Laura can now keep the witch so we dont have to endure it, then she runs away and Laura has her bfp later this month...who's with me!!!
    LauraS and PrincessHoney - Im so sorry but it has been really funny to read both your posts! If im right then I think we are the same age, or similar, and I know I couldve written both your posts (apart from the fact I should come to the end of month 5 tomorrow). However, we havent really been thinking properly about it since xmas so been a bit more manic about it this month. I have NO af symptoms, or any other symptoms to be honest, so although I am thinking no, im secretly hoping yes! Theres no reason why we wouldnt have done it, although I havent been looking out for ov or using anything to tell me, but we do bd about 4-5 times a week, especially over xmas, so I havent been worrying about doing it any more over particular times. Hoping Laura can now keep the witch so we dont have to endure it, then she runs away and Laura has her bfp later this month...who's with me!!!
  • Lulu82- 9th January BFP!!

Lucyj81 - 17th January

NowMrsM -18th January - OUT due to AF visiting image

MRSHSB- 23rd January

Animal84 - 27th january

Claribel ??

MrsMtoB ??

Bes ??

Mikijo 28th January

d7p ??

winks 31st Jan

PrincessHoney 19th Jan

I'm out this month as AF has definately decided to visit. Good Luck to everyone else, keeping fingers crossed for more BFPs.

Loads of babydust to you all.
    awww MrsM i kno how u feel tho i am praying mine is implantation bleeding til i am completely put out my misery tomorrow when af here properly.....

glad i made u laugh gemmiebaby one does try lol....by Laura keeping the witch do u mean me and me keeping the af so u and princess honey dont get it? cheers! BUT i suppose seen as it looks like its deffo paid me my usual visit i suppose i could be nice and hold on to her for a bit in the hope that u 2 are granted a nice BFP providing i get my reward at the end of the month and its my turn lol.....

it is soooo frustrating - how come other people get pregnant when they dont even want to so easily?

Does any1 watch Eastenders? Danielle had a one night stand xmas eve when she was a virgin and then on Fri night has a positve test i mean come on....not to mention the fact thats only 16 days since she had sex and clear blue recommend 19 days after sex!!!

Grr rant over lol i just want a BFP im not even that bothered about my work now i like it and everything but i am too depressed and dont want 2 go in tomorrow even tho i am telling myself to be realistic as we technically werent even trying its still so bloody annoying!!!!

Hubby has been reading up on all things baby and pregnancy related and is saying 'are u sure its not that implantation bleeding thing' making me feel even worse lol he has his fingers crossed.....me thinks he thinks he is the most fertile man in the world! Or god.....

Argh good luck all still in the running for this month anyway!

Lx

P.s Me thinks i shall go poas to make myself feel better....or worse but least wen i see the bfn i can tell myself to stop being silly before i lose the plot hmmmm....

LauraS - Yes that was what I meant, in the nicest possible way!!! Have giggled my way through your post as I remember the first conversation we had, when you talked about not being bothered and was just going to let things happen for 6 months. Im slightly concerned that youre not even going to manage 1! lol!

You say about hubby, mine came home from work tonight and talked about visiting Kiddicare in Norwich on Tuesday with a girl he works with who is pregnant!!! He then announced that he had been impressed with the website!!! Very scared!

I dont watch Eastenders but I would probably be swearing at the tv!
  • I know what u mean Laura!! Me & hubby were going to be sooooo cool about TTC and have fun and not symptom spot etc......well it didnt last long!!!!

Today we went into town & hubby said ooo lets go into boots...ok i said thinking he prob wants to get some lemsips or sommat as he got a cold starting. No we end up in the family planning section and he is stood there saying whats the difference between these holding up a CBFM and Ov sticks!!! Gave some kinda explanation to him and told him we arent going down that road yet or we'll start obsessing. Anyway we ended up coming out with lemsips.... and the digital thermometer & fertility diary (boots own)!!! Looks like i'm starting charting my BBT starting tomorrow!!!

Gemmiebaby....My hubby been looking on Mothercare site at prams and asking me what difference between certain models....like I'd know!!!! Told him no idea but when we are pregnant then we can go and test drive them and find out differences then.....shouldnt have mentioned test driving them as he got all excited!!!

Regards Eastenders it is very annoying!!!! Also has anyone noticed that there have been loads of ads for baby stuff?!?!?
  • ggooggoo Posts: 333
    I'm glad I'm not the only one looking out for symptons! I keep feeling sick in the morning - only because I haven't had my breakfast and I'm soooo hungry!

My AF is due Sat/Sun and I'm off to stay with a friend for the weekend and there is gonna be lots of drinking involved, I know I should test before I go but not sure I can face the disappointment! But I also know I'll be worrying about drinking loads on the Friday night on the off chance I'm pregnant.

ARGH!!!!!!

• mrsa111mrsa111 Posts: 385
    I've decided that i don't want to fall this month. I have convinced myself of this and DH pointed out that means i probably will.

So none of us really want to get a BFP this month!!

Reverse pschology ourselves
    Good idea mikijo, I really don't want one either, wink, wink!

There that should work xx
    I forgot, Mrs gemmiebaby, how old are you if you don't mind me asking xx
    24. hubby is 27.

and....still no af. due today and normally spot on. have af symptoms (bad back, sore boobs) but no pain and my legs have been really achy the last few days. ill keep you posted...not testing till at least wed!
    I have no idea when AF is due so I am testing weekly til it appears. Had my Implanon out nearly 4 weeks ago now and they said I will get AF within 6 weeks but can still conceive before it comes. I am 22, hubby is 23 xx
  • Hi there, I'm totally new to this. Finished my last pill before Xmas and should have come on yesterday but I have no idea what my true cycle is. Anyway, I caved and did a test on Sunday night and it was negative but it was taken after lots of soda water to drink (had gone out to dinner and was driving) and something is reminding me that you should always do a pregnancy test first thing in the morning so that the HCG isn't diluted and can be detected. Thinking of doing another test tomorrow morning first thing if still not come on by then. What do you guys think? Is it possible to have a false negative if the urine isn't first thing in the morning concentrated urine? Or am I just deluding myself?!! I would be extremely surpised if I was pregnant as it is only our first month of trying and had been on the pill for years but my brain/mind is playing funny tricks on me and I feel nauseous/tired/sore boobed and my DH says particurlaly cranky at the moment (it would be good to have an excuse for the last one!!).
    Well, we DID it...BFP! Tested mon - when af was due but test was out of date as we bought it ages ago and wasnt sure of the result, tested fmu this morning and, as it was 4.30am i didnt look incredibly carefully, so did a CBD at 4.30pm and PREGNANT...1-2 weeks!
    already said congrats on ur other thread u deserve it after the wait....now send me some baby dust as it wasnt implantation bleeding but the dreaded af.....its a bit disaapointing but we knewto expect it given when we decided to try so as soon as af is on its way we will be properly trying as we deffo want 1 u never know we might do it in a month,......its my hubbys 30th 15th Feb and it would be the best birthday present i could give him!!!!

congats again

Anything yet princesshoney?

Lx
    Not yet MrsLauraS, no AF and no BFP, I tested monday and decided that I will test every monday until I get AF or BFP, it's annoying, I HATE waiting.

I'm sorry it wasn't implantation bleeding, hopefully next month will bring better news for you. I thought AF was coming the other day as I was geting a few pains, but nothing yet, I don't want to think to myself it's something else because I don't want to get my hopes up only to be knocked back down again image xx
  • lormartinlormartin Posts: 1,209
    Congratulations Gemmiebaby !!!

I was due AF 2 days ago did a test yesterday BFN so am going to wait till saturday now to do it again, weird thing is i have had a few twinges but nothings happened and i usually know about a week before AF is coming as i get really moody but i havent had that yet either?

Fingers crossed it wont come xxx