Forum home You & Your Baby

Ovarian cyst

hi girls

just wondering if anyone has had any experiences of ovarian cysts? i have been diagnosed with one yesterday (7cm). I had one a year ago but that went by itself but it was a little smaller at 6cm. Is 7cm classed as large? I am really worried it may affect ttc after the wedding. :\? image

• Poor you I have been told they are extremly painful.

Sorry I cannot advise on the severity of your cyst, but I just wanted to let you know that my mum suufered terribly with them between the age of 17-25 and she ended up having a full hystorectamy (sorry don't want to frighten you but hers was a very serious case of it) But I wanted to give you a bit of hope as my mum was told first time round that she would probably never have children but then went on to have two.

So if you are told that this may be a possibitlty for you too the please don't give up hope it could still happen.

You should really talk to your doctor though if you do have any questions and are worried at all and they should be able to help and put your mind at rest.

I really hope you are feeling better soon.xx

[Modified by: MrsA-P2b on January 29, 2009 06:59 PM]

• LampiekatLampiekat Posts: 3,527
    My mum had one when she was 16 and hers was 12cm (she looked 7 months pregnant apparantly) and had the ovary removed.

She was able to have me and my sister with just one ovary with no problems.
  • Hi, my sisiter had one the size of an egg! she has had 2 little girls and has not had any problems concieving - first one she wasn't trying and second got BFP on her first month of trying. When she had her second she had a section and they just removed it at the same time. hope this helps. xxx

• sca438sca438 Posts: 355
    i have them quite often (stage 4 severe endo) I had one removed when I was having a laporoscopy (sp) and one came up on my ultrasound on the left side (3.5 x 2.5 cm). I have a bouncing smiley 8 month old girl now!! if in doubt ask your gynae if he can remove it for you

C xx