any bbw ttc ??

hi all, i got married a month ago and am now ttc, i have just finished my first af, i am a fuller figured woman and really struggle with my weight. i have had children being big but not as big as i am now. have read being big can lessen your chances but i am hoping i will be ok, is there any one else that is a bbw ttc? to keep me company?? i am a size 22, i was a size 18 when i conceived my sons. many years ago

• tiger2004tiger2004 Posts: 155
    oh thank goodness its not just me! My normal size was a 14 i then went up to a 20 (medication a few years ago) got down to a 16 for my wedding but put on few pounds after coming off the pill that i cant seem to shift (anyone else find they havent been able to stop eating after coming off the pil or is it just mel?!!) anyway now a 16/18 and am worried it might affect my chances.
  • booty33ukbooty33uk Posts: 3,051
    tiger2004, if you are like me it wont, i was a size 18 when i conceived my boys, and had two boys in 13 months lol..... that was 13 and 12 yrs ago. i am 35 now so worried that being a now size 22 and being 35 i worry. i hope we can, my husband has no biological children i left my childrens dad because he was violent with us. i couldnt say if i am eating more off the pill, as i eat alot when i was on it lololol.... maybe we can keep each other company while ttc share the ups and downs together. are you ttc now then? how long have you been ttc? for us we got married 2nd feb i was norgeston which is the mini pill never have af while i was on that and was on depo b4 that in 2007 then went on to pill, came off pill 5th feb, had first af 26th feb came off yesterday. so bd begins lol... i'm janine
    bump

• Racheybabes22Racheybabes22 Posts: 1,564
    Hi! Im ttc and been at it for 11 months now. no luck yet.

Im 5ft and a size 20. Not great i know but trying to get weight off. Its difficult when i get so ill due to half my intestine missing and a limited diet (carb heaven lol)

xxx
    mrs racheybabes scott i struggle to i have bad spine so struggle to exercise so hard losing it, we only just started ttc this is first proper month
    Well i have great faith this month! Not sure why. Sending lots of baby dust to you!

I think you are lucky if u get pg in first few months eh.

xxx
  • tiger2004tiger2004 Posts: 155
    I came off the pill in November was on loestrin for 7 years and still no luck either its s bummer eh! Had my hopes up last month but dont think my cycles are regular yet so making it difficult. I cant stop pigging out and there is no excuse for it ever since coming off the pill eeeeeeek!
    hi girls, i am feeling very very down, i just been reading a book i bought called conception & pregnancy over 35, as i am 35 now it says that it will take longer to conceive from the age of 35 onwards and says that if obese will take alot longer, well i am both, now i was 14.7 when i had my first son and size 18 and i was 15.4 when i was pregnant and size 18/20 with my second but i was 21 and 22 yrs old. i am so desperate to have my husbands baby, and this has really made me feel upset, not as if i can lose all the weight i need to in time,
  • mrsa111mrsa111 Posts: 385
    Oh hun don't be upset. I know how you feel. I am overweight (always have been) i went to see my clinic nurse as i have just registered at a new doctors and i told her i was ttc and that being overweight would affect my chances as well as my age (34 and this would be my first child). She asked me if i was happy. I said yes and she said that i would be surprised how many overweight women come in pregnant and how many underweight women do not.

I think its important to a have a PMA. By all means try to have a healthier diet (i am most of the time) but rememebr the thing working against us most is our age not our weight.

Stressin out will not help you. Enjoy being married and see how you go. Just get in as much BDing as you can and see. If nothing after 12 months then it might be time to get really upset.

sending baby dust your way

xx

ps i have been ttc since JAnuary and am being realisitc that it won't happen straight away.
  • Munchie78Munchie78 Posts: 877
    What a useful thread to read - thank you so much ladies. I am 31 and struggle with my weight. It is good to know I am not on my own. We are still in two minds about when to start a family. It is hard to not become anxious about it all.
    mikijo, thank you reading your post has given me back some hope, baby dust to all of us, lets keep in touch on here see how we all get on
  • betsygrubbetsygrub Posts: 145
    I am a size 20 ish ( gone down to a 16 and 18 again now though!) and had a ridiculous BMI of 43 when I fell pregnant. 15 weeks now, and it is down to 40 as I have lost 22lbs being sick! When seeing midwife etc I also had to see anaesthetic consultant due to my BMI, but he did a bone density and skeleton test and for my skeleton size I am ok! So I can officially say I am big boned!

Think what I am trying to say is I was also really worried it would take forever, and my weight would be against us, but 3 months of BDing without any other form of thinking about TTC I fell pregnant, and now 15 weeks on yep I am still sick but can't wait, and certainly do not spend a second worrying about my weight in it all.

Most of all enjoy BDind and don't think about the rest of the rubbish that I am sure is just published to scare us to conform!!!
  • betsygrubbetsygrub Posts: 145
    By the way, my skirt for my wedding dress was an 18 and the top a 22 that had to be made bigger, both from Evans last August. My hubby has never known my weight until now, but know I am nopw only 1 stone lighter than when we met 6 1/2 years ago!

• LampiekatLampiekat Posts: 3,527
    Is it only doctors that can do your weight based on bone density and skeleton testing as everywhere says i am over weight by how much i weigh and my bmi but of course online things and wii fit can't tell your bone size and i wouldn't personally say i was obese, yes i have extra weight that i need to shift round my belly lol. Also i have a lot of muscle in my arms and legs due to work and also muscle is heavier, my boobs also weigh 2lbs each lol and they're not going to go anywhere really. I guess we can never win!!

I'm a size 16/18/20 (depending on what make of clothes) and i was worrying, i will be 30 when ttc after wedding but you have all put my worrying at ease.
  • MrsTil08MrsTil08 Posts: 2,066
    Hello Ladies,

Can i join in??

I too am overweight and have been ttc. I had a miscarriage in september and have just last month started to ttc again.

When i lost my baby i was convinced it was my weight but the doctor said that weight has nothing to do with it, I know we arent talking about miscarriage here i just didnt want you to think because your overweight you had a higher risk!

Soo i think we should help each other!

Any of you have facebook??

xxx
    hi ladies, you don't know what posting this has done for me, knowing i am not alone, betsyboo, first congratulations you must be so excited please stay with us on this thread and let us know how it is going. hope the sickness eases soon, i was so down last night reading that book and thought thats it i wont ever have a baby with jon, i have 2 from previous relationship, but jon my husband is dad. and a very good one, i got pregnant with my lads being over weight i was size 18 with my first and then with my second i put on a lot had no sickness with the second, i was about size 20/22 i am a size 22 now, mrstotallyinlove of course you can join i am on facebook, i am janine green so can add me if you like. i would like that. sorry to hear you had a miscarriage hun, hope everything works out ok, i have never had one, my brother and his gf did and now they have a beautiful baby girl who was born at 30 weeeks and now is over 1 and doing fantastic. and my brothers gf is very slim, so what i am trying to say is i think they try and put everything down to weight. i am going to try and eat as healthy has i can while trying and from now on, and like some one said do loads of bding image

some say on here not to bd everynight as this lessen your chances but believe me i had 2 boys in 13 months and i bd everynight had to was with controlling ex, point is i got pregnant twice really quickly,

this is our first month of ttc me and my husband got married 2nd feb came off mini pill 5th feb, af arrived 26th feb came off 1st march, so lots of bding for us, well when jon aint on nights lol... good luck to all of us, lots of baby dust
  • kazza55kazza55 Posts: 100
    Hi Ladies, well i have been lurking around this post and reading about you all for the past couple of days and i wondered if i could join you? We have just decided to start trying and im really excited. You will have to excuse me for writing everything in long hand - havent quite got the jist of the abbreviations yet!! Im coming up to 35 and also a size 20. I had the same worries as you all did about my age/weight etc but im not going to let it worry me too much - just do loads of baby dancing and see how it goes!! Good luck everyone, look forward to chatting to you all soon x
    hi kazza55 the more the merrier, and so nice that i am not the only one, i was a size 18 when i had my first but i was 21 yrs old at the time then my second i was a size 20/22 and i was 22 pregnant and 23 when i had him, i am now 35, 36 in june, i am a size 22 and reading stuff really worried me, but i should know that being overweight didnt make one bit of difference to me, i got pregnant twice really quick. but i know worry as i am older, it will be my husband's first biological child, he is 33 and slim build. im only on first month of trying ive had my first af since i stopped the pill so just like you said lots of bding and see how it goes. lets keep chatting ladies,
    Im having real trouble at the moment working out when i ovulate. I have read so many different things and everything seems to give me a different answer!! My cycle is pretty regular at 27 days give or take a couple of days each way. I think i ovulate around CD13 - thats when i get the 'egg white' discharge ( sorry far TMI!!!!) am i right in thinking that we stand a better chance of conceiving around this time?
    Afternoon Ladies,

Booty i tried to find you on facebook but 143 Janine Greens came up! I can't find you lol Here is my URL, would be lovely to see you on there!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1446647351&ref=profile

So how you all feeling today? I'm feeling quite positive today, i was getting myself so worked up about it and now seeing i'm not alone has helped no end!

:\)
    Hi Mrs TotallyInLove!! Im the same, its so nice to hear from people who are in the same position - in more ways than one!!!!!
    hi girls, i have added you mrstotally inlove, on facebook, thanks for the link.

well i too am feeling alot more positive now, and i am so glad i started this thread, knowing i am not the only one has helped me no end, and it will be nice to share all the news of things, kazza55 the discharge you described tells me its now that you are ovulating, i tested me using the tesco ones today, make sure i knew how to do it lol... i am not ovulating yet, but i am a few days early in testing, so i will test in few days time and also look out for signs like tender breasts and discharge, being on the pill for few years and depo injection b4 that i havent had any discharge for years, so i am sure if i do get it i should notice it lol.....when is everyone testing? my af i think will be due around the 26th march thats if i am still 28 day cycle i was years ago if still same if no af comes i will test right at the end of march,
    Oh i love this thread! Makes me feel better. Im 24 nearly 25 so i dont have my age against me. I have been reading some old threads and people are getting blood tests etc after like 5 months of ttc.

Officially me and huby been at it properly for 3 months but before that we said if it happened it happened.

How long should i wait do u think before seeing a doc. I am due my af on 18th march and ovd a few days ago. Dont want to get hopes up.

xx

p.s i meant to say kazza i have a 28 day cycle (usually) and i have figured out i ovulate at cycle day 12 - 14 roughly. The CM can change all the time but the CM u describred is usually what it looks like when u ovulate. As booty said.

[Modified by: Mrs Racheybabes Scott on March 05, 2009 05:28 PM]

Please dont let this story get you girlies down its relevant i promise.

My best friend has been ttc for 5 years. She is overweight like myself she is a size 22-24. She went to the doc after 8 months of no trying they said "it's your weight lose it", she tried to lose it and couldn't went back again "it's your weight" For years she has gone back again and again and the doctors have palmed her off.

Eventually this year a new female doc started at our surgery she agreed to put my friend through a couple of tests and its now been found she had advanced PCOS! Its been going on for years.

My point is if you go to the docs they might palm you off please perster them and insisit on tests!!

My friend is now on medication which will hopefully help her! The doc are shocking sometimes they put every illness down to weight it bugs me something rotton!
    mrs totallyinlove, i totally agree with you, everything is blamed on weight, then they ask if you smoke then if you dont smoke they ask you if you drink which i dont, so they go back to my weight. its all they can get on me, i just really struggle losing i dont lose weight easy and i dont lose weight fast. racheybabes scott, i have looked on websites and they say doctors will do test after 6 months if you are 35 as age will be going against you, and if 40 they do them straight away, but younger than this is normally 12 months b4 they do tests, but if you are concerned or feel like you would like to get advice i would go and see your doctor cant do any harm can it, i would love for all of us to get the bfp this month. ooo i really do
    I dont smoke or drink either. It gets u down eh. Me and hubby have agreed that we will give it til july roughly then see whats happening. In the mean time i am trying to diet. But im having a thing for hot chocolate and cupcakes.

Wouldnt it be great if we all got BFPS this month! Would be so good! xxx
    hi all, i have just being looking on another forum askbaby.com i think it was, anyway i came across this thread i didnt post was just reading, and it was loads of women saying i got my bfp after 1 month on pre seed, so i read on cos i dont know if any of you have heard of it but i hadnt. anyway someone said what is pre seed, and it is a lubricant that is sperm friendly and it helps get the sperm to the egg quicker, i have talked to jon my husband he said it is our first month so wait and see if nothing has happened in 3 months we can try it, but just wanted to let you all know in case you all wanted to try it, racheybabes scott how cool would that be all of get bfp, i really hope so, lots of bding, oh and another thing i found on there, by doctors that there is no truth in that by bding alot will lessen the sperm proformance it even said that if you dont do it regular then you wont get pregnant cos you need to do it regular to get pregnant, i really believe this as i got pregnant with both my boys and had sex every night without fail that was when i was ok with my ex, he then turned into a violent bully hit me and the kids badly. but my husband now is lovely, he works days and nights, so will have to make sure we do it as much as we can when we can, which in fact is when we do it anyway lol image love bding xxxxxxxx
  • becky25881becky25881 Posts: 718
    Hi Girls can I join in please?

I'm about a size 20, been ttc for about 8 months now, my cycles are pretty regular but i've been getting ill a lot which has hampered the bd'ing!!

I get so down every month when I get af and I don't have anyone to talk to about it.

I'm just really trying to keep positive and happy and relaxed now because there really isn't any point in stressing about it. I'm so glad there are more girls in the same boat though.

bebs x
    hi bebs and welcome, i am more and more glad that i started this thread, it is so comforting to know i am not alone, we can chat as often as we want, i am on here everyday, and i think it helps having someone to talk too. i am janine, i got married to my lovely husband jon on 2nd feb 09 in cuba, oh if any one would like to have a look at my wedding pics i have a wedding report if you click on my other topics you can have a look at the pics if you want too. this is my first month of trying, but i am 35 so i worry being older, i have 2 boys blake 13 and jordan 12 jordan is severely autistic, this will be my husband first baby, and i really really want to give him that. not that he doesnt see our boys as his he does. but i really want a baby with jon, welcome bebs and lots of baby dust to everyone
    Well, ive just worked out that i should be ovulating next Friday the 13th.... Maybe unlucky for some but its also my hubbies birthday.... wow is he in for a birthday treat - for the whole week not just for the day!!!!! He wont know whats hit him lol