i dont know how all you ttc ladies manage all the waiting!

Hi,

My soon to be husband ( get married 2 weeks today) and i are ttc baby #2 (no1 is now 3) I fell pregnant with him straight away after years on the pill so never had any of this waiting as I never expected to get preg straight away.

Well its our first month of TTC and the suspense is killing me - AF not due until monday and already i've got tingling nips and am needing to wee like 20 times a day which is not like me, one min im convinced I am and the next i feel really low about it convincing myself its all in my head and trying not to get my hopes up. I did a first response test today which was neg.

I take my hats off to you ladies who are ttc, how the hell you don't crack up I don't know. Any tips on making the wait for a +ve / AF any less torturous?

good luck everyone x

• sharplesuksharplesuk Posts: 857
    Hey Laura

I'm exactly the same! I'm really trying not to get my hopes up because I know if I get AF (as expected on Sat) or if I take a PG test and it's BFN, I'm going to be really upset.

I've got quite a good back up plan if AF does come - husband has said we can book a hol for September at the start of August if we're not PG. So I've been browsing Virgin Holidays to try to take my mind off of it.

Good luck for Monday,

xx
  • jimmysmumjimmysmum Posts: 622
    Thanks Sam, well symptoms are getting worse as my boobs are more painful than ever but still desperately trying not to set myself up to be disappointed. If AF comes this time i'll be stocking up on PG tests at superdrug as they have their own brand and first response on offer at the mo. Good luck for the weekend, this waiting is so hard! x
  • sharplesuksharplesuk Posts: 857
    Ooh, let me know how you get on. I've had (sorry, I know TMI) spotting yesterday and today so I think my AF is on it's way - damn!

Good luck for Monday.

xx
    Hi, well AF is due tomorrow, I have no symptoms for it coming but i've done another first response test which says its accurate to 6 days before expected period and it was negative. Don't know what to think, just wish something would happen soon as I either want a BFP or AF to come along pronto so that its out of the way before we fly to cyprus next weekend! I can see a positive to both though - a baby or lots of babymaking on holiday! x
  • nicbry28nicbry28 Posts: 124
    I know what you mean I have 4 years under my belt, I did get pregnant in jan but had a misscariage but I have started trying this month again, have my fingers crossed for both of you x x x
    thank you, no AF yet today but no indication of it arriving soon either. Will update with news either way, good luck to both of you too x
    im now 2 days late, still have sensitive nips, and h2b has commented that they are more pronounced and my boobs feel firmer, im weeing loads and today when i squeezed one of my nips a tiny drop of watery white fluid came out. I figure that ive already had one baby so my boobs would know what to do if that makes sense. Surely I can't be imagining all this?

I'm planning to test again thurs / fri.
  • nicbry28nicbry28 Posts: 124
    Have you tested yet, I would not be able to wait lol
    I couldnt wait til thurs so i tested this morn - still a BFN. I wish something would hurry up and happen! Gotta go buy more tests now, its costing a small fortune. Would be worth it all though for a BFP in the end - Good Luck to all xxxx
  • jennyhoarejennyhoare Posts: 62
    When would you start to get sore boobs if you were pregnant - a few days after, a few weeks after? pls help!! tx
    with my first it was literally days after as i had sore boobs a week or so before my positive test (which i did the day i was due on) I've never had boobs like that since until just recently hence the reason i think i may be preg again, although still no positive test to prove my suspicions. The only way I can describe it is like my nips feel almost bruised and they stick out like bullets lol!

Other women don't get sore boobs till weeks later though or not at all xx
    i think AF has arrived although its not as red or heavy as normal yet. Gutted, ive only ever felt like this once before and that was when i was preg with my first. Atleast we get to do lots of babymaking on holiday ( get married on wednesday image )
  • jennyhoarejennyhoare Posts: 62
    Sorry to hear that Laura but enjoy your wedding and all the trying on honeymoon!