Forum home You & Your Baby

bbc3 big decision teen pregnancy

Oh my god did anybody see this? I recorded it and watched it this morning and basically it was about a 14 and 16 year old girls wanting babies and them trying to help them make the decsion. It was really sad to see such young girls actively thinking about motherhood when they were quite blatently still children themselves.

• LampiekatLampiekat Posts: 3,527
    I didn't see this but saw a very similar program before.

I know that when i was 14 i was nowhere near ready for motherhood. I did fall pregnant at 16 due to a bad relationship and being forced in to it. Ended up having a miscarriage from all the stress i was having but i wouldn't have said even then i was ready for a child.
  • MrsMcDermott2bMrsMcDermott2b Posts: 1,178
    how horrible ElvisBride, i was such a kid when i was 14. That is so stupid, i bet they dont even know what it is to be tired or work!

• MrsHxMrsHx Posts: 4,037
    yes I saw it and their ignorance was shocking, again an example of silly girls wanting to play at being grown ups, they didnt have a blooming clue, It was the kind of programme that makes you angry!!

xxx
  • Hopes_MammyHopes_Mammy Posts: 5,839
    What was their decision in the end? Did they both say they still wanted babies?

• MrsHxMrsHx Posts: 4,037
    No they both said they would wait, thank god!xxx
  • butcherukbutcheruk Posts: 74
    Yes, I saw this.

Made me feel old-although I dont think I was that stupid/rude at their age!

• They both said they would wait but to be honest I'd not be surprised if they were pregnant pretty soon. The thing that frustrated me was the mum of the 14 year old. I just wanted to shake her for letting the kid get away with everything (i.e. smoking and telling her to f. off all the time). Ok I don't have kids but I really couldn't see myself letting them away with that. I sort of felt sorry for the mum as it was almost as if she was trying too hard with her and trying to be her mate. Its really sad that these girls are getting themselves into these situations. I don't have kids but know even in a stable marriage, with financial stability, with life experience and family support it'll be the hardest thing I do. I really couldn't have imagined doing it any younger than now. Lets just hope they grow out of it. God I'm getting old. Although don't feel it sometimes when I see people from school with 13 year olds - I'm 28...
  • sharon30uksharon30uk Posts: 128
    Hi

I didn't see it but it seems to be coming such a popular thing these days. My daughter is nearly 14 and can't imagine her having a baby at this age!!!

I was 18 when I had my daughter which is young too and that was hard enough. I worked full time before I had my daughter and returned to work full time. I wanted to make a life for myself and my daughter but I had a good family network.

It's sad now that a lot of kids seem to want to have babies and get a house. I see them down our local town hanging around with their friends with the baby in the pram. They don't seem to realize is they get these grants and they buy the latest stylish pram but don't seem to realize that babies/children are so expensive and they've got to provide for them for the next 18 years at least!!!

I know sometimes these teenagers haven't had a proper upbringing ether. The next problem is sometimes history repeats itself and some of these babies will grow up and do the same.

My parents were gutted when they found out I was pregnant at 18 and they sat me down and they went through my choices with me. I was lucky as I had a good upbringing and a good job and great support!!

xx

• LiLiukLiLiuk Posts: 1,548
    I cant watch stuff like that. It breaks my soul. I refused to have a boyfriend till i was 18 because i genuinely felt all blokes my age were disgusting greasy spotty mingers with bad hygeine. And i was right.