Anxious - please help!

I'm nearly 6 weeks, and last night I had the tiniest amount of clear pinkish discharge. Nothing overnight and nothing today. Is this normal?

tx

• HowExcitedHowExcited Posts: 537
    That could be anything chick, I wouldn't worry. If you weren't in the early stage paranoia, which we all go through, you prob wouldn't have even noticed!

If you get any red blood or cramping let your gp or epu know and get it checked out.

x 35+1
  • LiLiukLiLiuk Posts: 1,548
    As above. Slight blood loss or discharge is very common in early pregnancy and is a reason why some women dont realise theyre pregnant as they think theyve had a period! Its when its a deep red/heavy flow similar to a period and accompanied by painful (as opposed to uncomfortable) stomach cramps and is continuous that it suggests a problem.

It should be noted that stomach cramps ranging from light to uncomfortable with/without any spotting or bleeding are also very common and absolutely normal and healthy. Its only considered a cause for concern if its severly painful, very painful down one side or is accompanied by heavy bleeding.

Its also very common not to have any blood loss or any cramps whatsoever.

Its a confusing business this pregnancy malarky...
  • tanyadmtanyadm Posts: 53
    Thanks ladies!

I glad to hear it's normal. I thought it probably was, but my head is all over the place at the moment!

It's going to be a whole heap more fun once it's on the outside!

tx
    I can imagine tanyadm! We're all skittsh at this stage. Try and get yourself some nice beefy pregnancy book and have a good old read when you get the chance because theyre full of inneresting little facts about baby and you. Like did you know that a womans uterus grows 500 times larger then normal during pregnancy? Cool huh? I really recommend 'Your Pregnancy Bible' Edited by Dr Anne Deans.
    Oooh, I love the random facts. Especially how every stage seems to be compared to fruit and veg - 'Your baby is the size of a pea', 'your uterus is now the size of a grapefruit'. They politely neglect to mention the watermelon at the end.....
    LMAO! And thats why i cant call our baby little bean or pea because it makes me hungry. I dont want to be a baby eater image
  • ExcitedEllyExcitedElly Posts: 251
    Lol! I love the food comparisons as well but it is a bit weird! I'm also slightly scared of the "watermelon"!

I'm week 10 now though, and apparently that is a lipstick, think it's nice to have something not food based although I have found myself being weirdly obsessed with my lip salve this week and trying to imagine it with little arms and legs.....
    Oooh noo i dont want to think of it being a lipstick either! Reminds me of a cat or dogs willy! LMAO
  • ExcitedEllyExcitedElly Posts: 251
    I'm SOOO glad you've said that!!! I said the same thing to husband last night and he thought I was mad!

Eurgh - lipstick!!
    Woohoo, now in week 7.....I've progressed from pea to blueberry!

tx