Got my first midwife appointment today

Just had to share!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and am seeing the midwife this afternoon.

I'm excited and pleased, but weirdly nervous!!

Hope that everyone is doing okay out there. :\)

• RhianJRhianJ Posts: 142
    Hope the appointment went well. I am nearly 10 weeks pregnant and I have my first appointment with the midwife tomorrow morning. Rhian x
  • rhodescn01rhodescn01 Posts: 169
    Hi Girls, CONGRATULATIONS!!! i'm training to be a midwife (and i love it) i was just hoping things went ok, any tips?! A lot of my friends get really excited and seem to be disappointed at the 'let down'. I hope you both have lovely midwives xxx
  • ExcitedEllyExcitedElly Posts: 251
    My midwife was lovely!

The appointment was a bit odd really, but I didn't know what to expect so I didn't feel let down at all.

Lots of questions about medical history. Lots of blood taken for tests. She gave me LOADS of leaflets and a book about pregnancy as it's my first time.

She gave me the number to call to book scan for 12 weeks. And I've got my next midwife appointment booked for the beginning of September.

All good stuff really.

She also ran through if I want the Nuchal screening thingummy at scan - I said yes.

It was good really!

Hope that yours goes well today Rhian.

XXX
  • RhianJRhianJ Posts: 142
    Glad your appointment went well. I saw the midwife for about two minutes this morning, she took my details and asked how far gone I though I was and asked that I go back for my booking appointment with there this sunday at the birthing centre at the hospital.

I thought I was there today for the booking appointment but I think she was quite busy. Hopefully all will be ok on Sunday x