Forum home You & Your Baby

just want some reasurance please

hi ladies,

just wondering if any of you have had anything simular so my mind can be put at rest,

I found out last wed i am pregnant, my last period was the 5th june so that would suggest 7 weeks but i think by my ovulation charting it is more like three, my periods were irregular. i have been having mild cramps mostly down the right hand side, simular but milder than ovulatuion pain and today i have had a tiny ammount of brown discharge, i saw the doctor and he is sending me for a scan on saturday, do you think it is anything to worry about? i would have thought if the doc was concerned he would have said go straight away? I know it is silly but i have just done another pregnancy test and it has only got a very fait line that you can hardley see. I know i am probably over reacting, i am trying to stay positive but my mind is going into overdrive as my sister had a miscarriage two days ago, she was six weeks. just seeking your advice.

Thank you,

Hails

• LiLiukLiLiuk Posts: 1,548
    When spotting is accompanied by painful cramps, especially down one side, doctors usually like to check things out to make sure its not an eptopic pregnancy. the problem is ALOT of women have spotting, cramps and everything is fine- but they just like to check so further complications dont arise.

Good luck and keep us informed!!
  • Hails1982Hails1982 Posts: 365
    ok thanks for that, just cant wait for saturday to see that everything is ok, you dont think i need to worry that the line has gone fainter, i did use a different brand than before? does that make a diffrerence?
  • GemilyJukesGemilyJukes Posts: 321
    I have never experienced spotting so have no advice re that but I just wanted to say that a faint positive is still a positive so don't let that worry you.

All my tests came up very faint (and I took loads as I couldn't believe it!) and I am now six months pregnant with a very active little boy!

I hope all goes well for you on Saturday-just try and relax untill then. x
    thank you for the replys ladies i really apreciate it.x
  • mrsg2b_2010mrsg2b_2010 Posts: 1,259
    When i was pregnant with both my kids i had cramps for the first 3 months pretty much, it could just be from your womb stretching!! I had a slight brown discharge too and i hae 2 healthy kids now!!!

Try not to worry! x
  • MRSJP2BE09MRSJP2BE09 Posts: 572
    I HAD CRAMPS TOO + SO DID MOST OF MY FRIENDS.. THINK ITS NORMAL. AS FOR BLEEDING. I HAD A BLEED AT 6 WEEKS IT TERRIFIED ME. THE LADY SAID AT THE HOSPITAL AS LONG AS ITS NOT VERY HEAVY AND YOUR NOT IN PAIN THEN EVERYTHING IS FINE. SOME WOMEN BLEED ALL THE WAY THROUGH THERE PREGNANCY - SO PLEASE DO NOT THINK THE WORST, RELAX AND BE POSITIVE image EASIER SAID THAN DONE I KNOW image LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON HONEY...X
    hi ladies, thanks for the reassurance, i got up this morning and i have had some bleeding, been to the doctors and i still have to wait until tommorrow for a scan. I am trying to relax and not panic. I have had a little more blood throughout the day and the cramps are getting slightly worse so i have took a couple of paracetamol to take it off a bit hopeing this will stop me paniking. Tommorow seams so far away. Thanks for the advice, its good to know others have experienced the same.xx