Advise on how to take mind off TTC!?

My Husband & I got married in May, and we had always said we would start TTC straigt away after the wedding, however we said we would both be very relaxed about the whole thing and just let nature take its course! When my first AF arrived after the wedding i felt really disappointed, even though i never expected to fall that soon, then AF arrived in month 2 and again the disappointment set in, it seems the more i try to relax & put ttc at the back of my mind the more i think about it, AF 3 is due on tuesday, i did a test on Thursday, even though my husband told me to wait a few days!! of course it was negative as i know it was too soon, but the not knowing seems to be driving me mad!

If anyone has any advise on how to be more relaxed about the situation it would be gratly received!

• Mrsp - Thanks for the advise, i will certainly give it a try.
  • MRSJP2BE09MRSJP2BE09 Posts: 572
    HAVE YOU GOT ANY DIY THINGS TO PLAN? LOL OR ANY HOBBIES.. MAYBE YOU COULD SET A TARGET LIKE.. LOSING WEIGHT OR SOMETHING - THAT WAY YOUR MIND WILL BE SO FOCUSED ON THAT YOU WILL NOT BE FRETTING ABOUT TTC?? X
  • Thank you MRSJP2BE09, i did actually write myself a list of things that i wanted to do in the house yesterday, so hopefully that will keep us busy for a while, my husband and i have also been talking for ages about joining the gym so maybe i should get that sorted, it is normally when i am sitting doing nothing when my mind wonders, so hopefully if i keep busy it will help.
  • I know exactly how you feel MrsJennifer, thats all i think about too, fingers crossed the AF dosent show this month, i was so convinced that this would be our month after 3 months of ttc, yet AF arrived last night, i felt so upset i could cry, now worked out next most fertile days, so here goes waiting for another month.

Good luck to all those TTC inc myself image
  • Good luck for next month candygirl. my fingers are firmly crossed that AF does not arrive on Tuesday! i think it is the not knowing that drives me crazy and makes my mind work overtime. I have one pg test left at home once i have used that i am not going to buy anymore until i am officially late, as i find they are too tempting to use when they are sat in the cupboard! although im hoping the next one i use will be the one!!!
  • MRSJP2BE09MRSJP2BE09 Posts: 572
    Quoted:
    Thank you MRSJP2BE09, i did actually write myself a list of things that i wanted to do in the house yesterday, so hopefully that will keep us busy for a while, my husband and i have also been talking for ages about joining the gym so maybe i should get that sorted, it is normally when i am sitting doing nothing when my mind wonders, so hopefully if i keep busy it will help.

YEAH I COULDNT AGREE MORE... AND I THINK YOU JUST END UP WORRYING AND THINKING THE WORSE. BEST THING TO DO IS STICK TO YOUR LIST THAT YOU'VE DONE... ESPECIALLY THE GYM IDEA (AS IF YOU GET YOUR BODY FIT + HEALTHY - IT WILL HELP YOU CONCIEVE) XXX XX
  • xxMrsTxxxxMrsTxx Posts: 467
    hi, same here, just trying to keep myself occupied so i dont get a spare moment to think about it. works until you think oh i havent thought about it yet LOL!!

just trying to relax and feed my body good foods and take all the supplements and folic acid image

worrying about swine flu is really stressing me out at the moment though after what the DOH said the other day. any one else worrying about it and ttc?

Mrs T xox
  • schoonko07schoonko07 Posts: 160
    Not that i'm one to give advice on this-i feel the same a lot of the time,but something that really helps is focussing on things you really enjoy that you won't be able to do so freely when you have a little one,have a few romantic weekends away,go to the cinema,out for tea etc spontaneously concentrate on squeezing as much romance in as poss while you can and it will also make sure your bedroom antics are not purely focussed on baby making!Hope that helps,it has been working for me!x
  • marley-moomarley-moo Posts: 115
    Hey, Im with you schoonkko07. Trying to make sure you dont let the Baby making take over make sure your making time for each other and do what normal newlyweds do! I have been ttc for nearly 2 and a half yrs now and i got diagnosed with pcos 4 months ago. I am on my 3rd cycle of Clomid and i am due on tomorrow, i hope it doesnt show up! Godd luck to all ttc - good things happen to those who wait x
  • LiLiukLiLiuk Posts: 1,548
    Avoid pregnant women, baby chat, babies and baby shops. Also it might be best you dont come on here for a while that way you dont feel a pressure to hurry up if people get pregnant before you. If you can cope then thats great but i see a lot of women can get really down when theyve been TTC for a few months and all their TTC buddies have all conceived and it can be really upsetting- especially when you know that it can take 18 months for the average couple in their twenties to conceive!!! However, i actually relied on that evidence as a form of vague contreception (stupid i know) and found myself preggers within 3 months so not all conception facts are set in stone.

Whenever you think about babies have sex, twice, and then before you know it you'll probably be preggers! OH and dont think that you should only have sex when your ovulating... i tried to avoid these days so i would take longer to conceive but ended up getting pregnant somehow, so have sex all the time, not just when your ovulating. And apparently if you enjoy yourself its even better because your body whooshes it up further inside yourself TMI i know but oh well image . Good luck and lots of baby dust your way!!
  • MrsCatukMrsCatuk Posts: 449
    Loving the response from MrsLili!!
  • langus81langus81 Posts: 367
    I know how you feel, we got married last March and have been TTC since January, I had an early miscarriage in May which has made it even more anxious waiting... It's really tough - everyone says not to think about it and it'll happen but that's pretty impossible especially around time AF is due.