I'm going to be a Tummy Mummy for my friend!!

Well I've decided to go through IVF to carry my friends baby. She lost her womb through cancer a few years ago, though her and hubby has embryos frozen.

I've thought about helping for a while and it just seems right now that I've had my family (2 boys). So we will be starting treatment soon, weirdly I'm excited!!

Has anyone gone through IVF? What can I expect?

xx

• Congratulations bitofluff. I think youre a wonderful person for doing what youre doing for your friend.

xx
  • hickiukhickiuk Posts: 3,735
    oh wow, what a lovely thing to do. Good luck!! x
  • What an amazing thing to do for someone!! Good luck image
  • I think it's a wonderful and a very selfless thing you are doing and I hope it all goes great xx
  • cazzywoocazzywoo Posts: 2,002
    Well done you!

What a wonderful thing to do for your friend, she is lucky to have someone like you. I'm a gynae nurse and have some experience of working on the IVF side of things, and there really arent enough people like you to do this sort of thing!

Its a long process and you may find it very draining, I'm sure all of this will be explained to you beforehand. I wish you all the best for it! xxxxxx
  • JAG22ukJAG22uk Posts: 197
    What a wonderful thing to do for your friend. xx
  • lozza83lozza83 Posts: 3,777
    Just wanted to echo what the other girls have said. That is a truely amazing gift for your friend, she is very lucky to have you and I wish you both the best of luck with the IVF treatment x
  • Your friend is very lucky to have someone like you!

I think this is a wonderful thing to do for her, especially after what she;s been through.

Good luck x
  • jemwarriorjemwarrior Posts: 2,105
    Hi

If you use my email button I can email you back. I'd rather not share the IVF process on a public forum as it was very personal for me.

J x
  • What a wonderful thing to do! Agree with everyone else! XXXXX
  • What a true friend you are, well done you!
  • You are amazing, what a friend you are! Good luck xx
  • I dont have any experience of IVF but I wanted you t knw what an amazing person yu are. Your friend is very lucky to have you and you are a true inspiration. Good luck xx

• Good luck hun. You truly are a very special person. x
  • your a lovely person,good luck x x x
  • Thank you for all your lovely comments, you've made me smile!

xx
  • Just wanted to echo what everyone else has said in that it is a wonderful thing that you are doing and not many people out there would put themselves through this for a friend.

I don't for a second think that it will be an easy process for you to go through, I have not been through IVF we were just looking into it when I got lucky, stay strong and know that it will all be worth it in the end when you make your friend so so happy!!

Good luck sweetie I hope that it all goes well for you all

T

x x x
  • tanroe09tanroe09 Posts: 4,121
    Not been through ivf wmyself, but WOW what a wonderult person you are to do that for a friend, shes very lucky to have you.

Goodluck, and I hope it all goes well.

• Just had to say what a truly amazing person you are, you are a very special friend to have and the world needs more people like you. You are such an inspiration, good luck with everything and i hope your freind truly appreciates what you are doing she is so very lucky x
  • Wow, what an amazing person you are! i really hope everything goes smoothly for you all! x
  • Wow, what an amazing person you are! i really hope everything goes smoothly for you all! x
  • bellingtonbellington Posts: 1,662
    You truly are a wonderful person and friend. All the best to you all.xx
  • Em1980Em1980 Posts: 668
    Hi, just wanted to say that it is really amazing what you are doing and I hope everything goes really well xxxxx
  • KD79KD79 Posts: 93
    wow what an incredible thing to do for you friend!! so lovely!! i hope everything goes well for you and them! good luck x
  • Just wondered how you got on? Noticed this thread was a year ago. x
  • mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    what a lovely person you truely are