BFP after BFN?

Hi ladies

Been on the wedding part of the site before but this is my first time on here. Been TTCing for a few months now and AF has been pretty regular 28-30 days each cycle. Was expecting AF on Sunday CD29 but no sign. Did ebay cheapie test on CD30 but in the afternoon and got BFN. Did another this morning CD32 (a tesco one) and again BFN. Just wondering a couple of things, have seen some people have said that tesco tests aren't very good, does anyone have experience getting BFP after a BFN on one? Also I struggle to use the midstream tests and I tend to gather (sorry if TMI) P in a post and put test in it. Could that affect the result? Thanks for reading

[Modified by: DoubleD on 30 September 2009 07:23:15 ]

• Hey there,

I don't have much experience I'm afraid, but I have read loads of posts on this board and so can tell you what I've read.

A fair few people have had false BFNs but not false BFPs, some ladies have tested two or three times in the same cycle before getting a positive result, but it's usually been only a couple of days after AF is due and no later.

I don't know anyone who has used the tesco pg tests, are you testing first thing in the morning? I don't think that using the pot method would affect your result as long as it's your first urine of the day that you are using.

Have you been stressing about anything lately, that could have affected AF and made it late? I've heard that stress can also affect ov, but I'm not sure exactly how - i.e. stops you ov during the month or makes it happen later in your cycle. I've also been told that you get AF approximately 14 days after ov.

Have you had any kind of symptoms of either AF or pg?

Don't know if any of this helps you at all, I hope it answers a few questions - if you're really still unsure in a couple of days time perhaps it would be worth having a chat with your doc to see if he/she can shed any light on what's going on?

Best of luck to you hun.
  • If your af is still late, maybe you should invest in the Clearblue Digital. Its expensive but really sensitive in detecting the pregnancy hormone.

If you are not due AF and you want to take an early test, its recommended to test with the first pee of the day, but as AF is already late, you can test at any time.

Don't worryy about collecting the urine in a pot to test, its perfectly fine to do this and won't affect the result at all (I do the same thing too).

I have used the Tescos ovulating strips and am not getting on at all with them. I assume the pregnancy ones are pretty similar.

Good luck and hope you get your BFP.x
  • danfurdanfur Posts: 161
    I have been a bit stressed as my mum has terminal cancer so it has been quite difficult to deal with however she has been ill for about 3 years and it hasn't really ever affected my AF.

I used fmu this morning and got BFN, am thinking I might try and hold out til the weekend and if there's still no sign I'll buy another test. It's killing me just waiting and having no real idea. Not sure if I'm just trying to convince myself that I'm pg just because I really want it or if I'm lucky enough to be pg and just unlucky with the tests. aaaarrrrgggghhhh