Feeling a bit down

I know this is probably really irrational but I've just been feeling really down over the last few days. I really really want to get pregnant and getting down that it hasnt happened already. It's not actually been that long since we started trying. Got married in June and started trying at the end of July so really only 3 months. In that time I've only had 1 AF (came off pill at end June) so I know I just need to wait until they become more regular for it to be more likely to happen.

Just cant help feeling crap about it though. Dont think it helps that I'm not feeling very well just now image

I've been trying not to get uptight about it but cant help it this week.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Baby dust....

xx

• I know how you feel. I've been ttc since February after miscarrying and went through a stage around june or july of constantly breaking down crying. This went on for a good few weeks and I never thought id be able to snap myself out of it. Sometimes, I might see a baby or it could just be a little outfit, a cot or a buggy and it will make me feel sad but I try to keep positive because otherwise, thinking about it can totally consume my every thought which doesn't do the mind or body any good.

There is a group of us girls on the 'ttc September thread' who are in the same boat so if you are feeling a bit down or just want a chat about it all (and sometimes just ramndom stuff), you are welcome to join us on there.

Try to keep your chin up.

X

[Modified by: Ainsley's wife on October 26, 2009 08:53 PM]

• Thanks so much for your reply Ainsley's wife. That is really kind of you. It does put it in perspective to hear what others are going through. I've got my fingers crossed that you get a BFP soon given what you hvae been through. One of my friends is actually going through IVF just now which just makes me feel like a complete bitch for feeling this way.

I might come onto your thread and meet everyone there!

Thanks and loads of baby dust to you

• MrsHxMrsHx Posts: 4,037
    Aw hun *hugs*

We have chatted before I am sorry that AF is being such a cow!

We have only been trying for 2 months and AF has been good to me, but I want a LO RIGHT NOW. (Stomps feet!)

xxx
  • Hello again Murphey. Glad to hear your AF are more regular. Got my fingers crossed for you too (and everyone else on here)

Had a bit of a niggle with Hubby a few days ago and he has been working a lot recently and just generally feel a bit down and rubbish which I think makes everything seem worse.

Just need to pull myself together and focus on the positives.

Baby dust to all...

xxx
  • MrsHxMrsHx Posts: 4,037
    Don't feel bad hun about having a niggle at hubs! I have had a slight dig at mine that he is 'not taking it seriously' and 'did he know there is such a small window of opportunity'!!!! You can picture the conversation can't you!!

But in all seriousness I want this ttc malarky to be easygoing and not all about charting temps and POAS!! But not easy with the increasing broodiness on both our parts.

Hugs hun, you on BE?? xxx
  • Your welcome hun, and hopefully we will see you on the thread. its nice to be able to chat to others going through the exact same thing and really does make you realise you truly aren't suffering alone. The ladies on there are really lovely and will make you feel very welcome.xx
  • Quoted:
    I know how you feel. I've been ttc since February after miscarrying and went through a stage around june or july of constantly breaking down crying. This went on for a good few weeks and I never thought id be able to snap myself out of it. Sometimes, I might see a baby or it could just be a little outfit, a cot or a buggy and it will make me feel sad but I try to keep positive because otherwise, thinking about it can totally consume my every thought which doesn't do the mind or body any good.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Ainsley's wife. I'm in a similar boat having miscarriaged at the start of this year. And I felt the same as you, seeing other newly born children often made me shed tears.

My partner and me have set a wedding date just this week though, so I'm finally feeling that I can put this horrible chapter of my life behind me and look forward to our big day. We're going to try for a baby again once we are husband and wife, but we're not going to try and rush things once the marriage is consummated.

And all he best to you, MrsF09. Sorry to hear about your struggles, but try and stay positive. I'm a firm believer that keeping a positive perspective on things can help towards ensuring a more positive life.
  • jules1822jules1822 Posts: 249
    Hi girls, I am sorry you are all feeling a bit low, Me and my partner were trying for nearly a year and nothing was happening so i started to have a few tests, i was the same crying evrytime my friend told me their news or saw a baby outfit etc, i decided after several trips to the doctors in tears and waiting for apt letters that i would just concentrate on the wedding, i lost 7lb, cut diet coke ( i drank loads) and got myself busying away with the wedding and where we would go for honeymoon... needless to say I am 10 + 5 weeks, so still early days but fingers crossed. So i do think there is somethin in the mind that people say, and hell it used to wind me up when people say dont think about it coz 1 you dont always know you are and 2 your often surrounded by it, but by keeping busy planing the wedding it worked - just thought this might help xx and good luck trying
  • Thanks so much for your replies ladies. I feel much better today - dont know what was wrong with me yesterday - having a 'poor me' day. I'm never usually like that as well.

I'm also a firm believer in positve thinking and looking at what you have, rather than dont.

So pleased you got your BFP MrsVedo2be. I hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months and a lovely wedding.

Baby dust to all still trying

xx
  • Glad you feel better today. Guess some days will always be easier than others but we are here to listen (or read to be precise). Baby dust to you all. x
  • Heh heh, I'm glad. I'm often prone to "poor me" days too.

Sometimes I have "I'm awesome" days too though!