Angelsounds fetal heartbeat thingy - a clever little gadget!

I don't know if anyone else has got one of these but i ordered one on amazon,it wasn't too dear,twenty quid all in,and i heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time today with husby!!

I am 13+4 & sort of at the stage where i don't have any symptoms any more & don't have much of a bump,have had first scan but now have ages to wait til next one. I had been saying to hubby it's hard not to worry when you've nothing much to reassure you the little one is ok,when we saw this online-i was ordering one of those waistband expander things for my work trousers & it appeared on the 'other things people who have bought this also purchased'.So we decided to get it,it takes a bit of time to find the heartbeat at first but once we found it i found it really reassuring!

Just thought i'd post on here as i think there are a few ppl on here who are at a similar stage to me & thought it was worth letting you know!

xx

• I was soo tempted to get one of these a few weeks back but was worried I wouldn't find the heartbeat and it would end up stressing me out more lol - thankfully I now get baby moving about so that provides me the reassurance I need but I know exactly wheat you mean at the stage when little or no bump and no movement and ages till second scan as I found that really tough! Glad it worked for you and you got to listen to your little bean xx
  • cazzywoocazzywoo Posts: 2,002
    I'm glad you are enjoying hearing little one's heartbeat!

Where i work, the midwives dont recommend parents buy these, as they panic as soon as a heartbeat cannot be found, often unneccessarily as baby is fine.

Obviously it's everyone's personal choice as to if they get one though. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well hun. xxxx
  • I can totally understand that cazzywoo,it isn't that easy to find, & as it's still so small if it isn't in the right position as it isn't as strong as a hospital one you can't hear it well.I promised myself i would only get it if i wouldn't freak out every time i couldn't find it.I think if anyone thinks it would make them panic to not be able to find it sometimes it would probably be better not to get one as it does take some patience.

• I have been trying since 12 weeks with this and have had no luck whatsoever! Not concerned as even the midwife took agggggges and at my scan lo would not stay still so I have a very active wriggly baby lol I'm now 17 weeks and still no joy on my own so dont panic if it doesnt work for you sometimes the little imps like to play hide and seek : ) x
  • I got one of these as well and really loved it. Found it very reassuring when having a "oh my god I think baby has died/vanished/is a figment of my imagination" moment! Am now 37 weeks and still use it very occasionally, e.g. had a horrible dream the other night about baby dying and then when I woke up she wasn't moving about at all...had shower and still no movement, started to panic slightly, listened to heartbeat and felt better straight away (and then baby immediately started wriggling about again - I think she was just messing with me!).
  • shellbob73shellbob73 Posts: 3,152
    Quoted:
    I was soo tempted to get one of these a few weeks back but was worried I wouldn't find the heartbeat and it would end up stressing me out more lol - thankfully I now get baby moving about so that provides me the reassurance I need but I know exactly wheat you mean at the stage when little or no bump and no movement and ages till second scan as I found that really tough! Glad it worked for you and you got to listen to your little bean xx

I agree 100% with this Weddingbelle!

I found the weeks between the 2 scans excruciating - I didn't start to feel any definite movements from her for a while and it does worry you.
  • berly153berly153 Posts: 737
    i had to stop myself from getting one of these. was so tempted as id had a miscarriage before and was so reassuring to hear the heartbeat when i went to the midwife appts. but did resist cause i knew that if i didnt find the heartbeat id be a complete mess. and when i was 37 weeks preg was at my routine midwife appt and she couldnt get the heartbeat on the doppler due to the baby being laid back to back. we could see and feel him moving about but all we could pick up was mine. if i had been on my own i would have totally sh*t myself at this point and made hubbie rich me into hospital.
  • cathsummerscathsummers Posts: 1,090
    Mine arrived this morning... think i found heartbeat but it was on and off so i think the baby was just having a good move around.. on the website i got it from it says the heartbeat sounds like galloping horses? is thats what yours sounds like? Thats what it sounded like to me but i think i was just expecting it to sound like when they done it at the midwives.. but then i expect their dopplers were alot more expensive than mine! x
  • when mw found hb of my lo it sounded like a train- you can watch videos on you tube to here what you're looking for x
  • cathsummerscathsummers Posts: 1,090
    Ooh lovely thank you mrsD! will have a look now! x