Forum home You & Your Baby

What were your early pregnancy symptoms?

Hi mums,

I was wondering what your earliest pregnancy symptoms were? When did you first think something was different? I'm 2 weeks late, I dont feel any different, but I'm still a little :\?

Thanks!

• kelukkeluk Posts: 1,467
    dull achey feeling in tum,breast tenderness.
  • SwizzlepopSwizzlepop Posts: 737
    I didn't have any symptoms before I did a pregnancy test, in fact I really thought that I would get a negative result because I expected I would feel different. That was a week ago but now I have very sensitive boobs and they feel like they have grown slightly (don't think they actually have they just feel like that!) and I sometimes feel a bit queasy but nothing too bad.

Have you been trying for a baby? I would say if you are 2 weeks late to do a test, its the only way to be sure.
  • maddiukmaddiuk Posts: 107
    hiya vicky i did 4 tests and they all came bak neg it was only my 5th that was posative i found 5 weeks after i was late but i had sore boobs smells of certain foods made me feel sick couldnt stop eating spicy crisps and was quite tearful but like mrs aj says not every1 has symptoms so your best to do a test.

Hiya mrs aj congrats how do u feel about being a mummy r u excited its fantastic xxxxx
  • emmyh55emmyh55 Posts: 172
    If my other half came anywhere near my boobs and in particular my nips, then I'd scream blue murder. You could say they were a little sensitive! Also, opening the fridge door was enough to make me puke. I also became really tired. Was completely drained. Had no idea the first time but the 2nd....well we were delighted. If you are, congratulations! My first test on my 2nd came back negative and I must have been around 3 weeks. Was told by midwife that tests rarely give a false positive but often can give a false negative as there's not enough of the pg hormone present. Hope that helps. xx
  • HarrietPenguinHarrietPenguin Posts: 5,848
    I'm just feeling very very very tired at the moment - and have no other symptoms. If it weren't for the three positive tests I'd think I was just being extra lazy... but I am wiped out. Still don't "feel" pregnant though.

Definitely test - and then come back and tell us!

• craftycharlicraftycharli Posts: 3,175
    no symptoms before I did a preg test - I knew I was a tiny bit late (as in hours) so tested and there it was preg - now I am 5 weeks and have V sore boobs and am tired - exhausted all the time!
  • DaddyorChipsDaddyorChips Posts: 9,196
    The first thing that made me think i could be pregnant was throwing up. I was sick from the very start.
  • HisSoulmateHisSoulmate Posts: 790
    with me it was a super sensitive sense of smell. This never left me after the pregnancy. Also, I found by accident that I could eat spicy food, again, this hasn't left me. I also 'went off' a lot of foods, particularly anything greasy or fried. The usual sickness and stuff apperared later.
  • Thanks everyone, to be honest I dont think I am, I've always had erratic periods. I'm gonna take a test today tho
  • sciallensciallen Posts: 246
    With me it was just sore boobs! but nothing else. I am 7 and a half weeks now and still no other symptoms so you never know? Good luck with the test and come back to let us know xx
  • RhianukRhianuk Posts: 659
    For me (and I am only 6 and a half weeks), I feel sick in the mornings and tired in the evenings. Apart from that, nothing at all. Everyone is different I suppose. Let us know the results of your test!
  • jomarch50jomarch50 Posts: 630
    For me, before I knew for sure that I was pregnant - I had really sore boobs. They were so painful they woke me up in the night when I turned over. I was a week late (a dead giveaway as I'm normally regular as clockwork but as I'd just flown back to the UK from Thailand I didn't pay much attention).

In hindsight the other major symptoms for me were - my hair fell out in handfulls for about a week, my stomach was incredibly gassy (but this could have had more to do with my diet change from clean Thai food to UK stodge), and I had two sudden bouts of dry heaving on consecutive mornings as I power-walked 1 1/2 miles to the station (which I put down to the change of climate and the intensity of the exercise so early in the morning).

I did also think my bladder had shrunk to the size of a pea but, when I backtracked on my dates, realise that this was because I was drinking the same amount of fluid as I do in Thailand. I have a weak bladder anyway and on the days I can recall it being really bad I was not pregnant!!

I'm now 16 weeks and apart from tiredness and a very slight thickening of my waist (I'm still wearing my regular clothes) I currently have no other symptoms. I did also have mild morning sickness for a couple of weeks but this wasn't as bad as I'd expected.

Jo

• Emma_GiffordEmma_Gifford Posts: 1,589
    sore boobs

cramps - just like AF cramps

weeing more - waking up with a full to bursting bladder at least 2 times per night!

• sammycuksammycuk Posts: 1,633

when i was pg with my 3 children i had a matalic taste in my mouth felt very hormonal, stomach cramps as if af was on way very sore tingling nipples, and felt sick and hot
  • Hey guys, well it was negative. I guess I knew it would be, I've always had ammenorhoea (absent periods) since I first started. I'm relieved in a way, cos me and h2b are no where near ready for a baby, either financially or mentally, but also strangely disappointed. I suppose I'd actually started to think it would be really quite fantastic if I was pregnant. But not to be. Never mind image
  • i didnt have any thing at all. i was 7 weeks when i found out i was pregnant and i didnt show until i was 5/6 months either.

hope u get the result u want!
  • kate342kate342 Posts: 3,358
    Although I didn't officially find out I was pregnant until I was nearly six months gone looking back on it I did have some very textbook symptoms.

I was compeltely wiped out and falling asleep at 8pm on the sofa every night, I had a metallic taste in my mouth, I was waking up in the middle of the night, every night to go to the loo, I completely and unexplicably could not go near tea or coffee (how stupid must I be not ot have known I was pregnant?!).

By contrast I had been pregnant a few years previous which sadly ended in a miscarriage, I knew from day one that I was pregnant that time round, I could just feel it - I felt different.
  • jemmajemjemmajem Posts: 1,439
    Quick question - did any of you continue to have periods during some of your pregnancy, as a friend of mine did till she was 6 months, very light ones. All her pregnancy tests were negative as well, even the ones the doctor did
  • clareeg21clareeg21 Posts: 218
    Mine were tiredness, diziness, intense hunger and breast tenderness. It souds funny but I just "knew" that something was different for a few weeks before and after I missed my period, I guess it depends how in tune with your body you are
  • With every single pregnancy I experienced diarrhea and/or vomiting, sore nipples, mood swings, and an insatiable craving for dairy and ofc if you have some symptoms from that list  https://www.mothersandmore.org/pregnancy/signs-early-pregnancy/ you dont need to worry about you health - cause everything is ok.