Maxi Cosi Car Seats

Hi ladies,

Really need your help and advice !!

I am really confused which Maxi Cosi car seat to get, I know I want one of those as it will fit my Icandy.. the Maxi Cosi website is really unhelpful..

What's the difference between - The Pebble & Carbiofix ??

also I want to buy the base so it's easy to put the car seat in, what's the difference between, FamilyFix, EasyFix & easybase 2

Any help would be most appreciated !! Thank you x

• RhubarbulousRhubarbulous Posts: 1,989
    Oh hell it sounds really compliated. We haven't got onto car seats yet and I was (foolishly) assuming it would be straightforward; now I realise it's going to be like pram shopping all over again!

Bumping this up for you as I would like to see a response too.
  • Nicki-JadeNicki-Jade Posts: 914
    Hmmmm someone may see this and be able to advise but I think your best bet is to go to a halfords or mothercare, somewhere that sells the car seats and ask them the questions hun. I am sure its the cabriofix that is the car seat suitable to go with your pushchair.

I am borrowing my sisters maxi cosi car seat this time around and am thinking of getting a base and all she said was it needs to be isofix, brilliant! So I am going to go to follow my own advise and go and ask the experts! Plus if you go to a mothercare you can have a good nose around at all the other babystuff.

Good luck.

NJ x (31+4)
  • SarahSukSarahSuk Posts: 1,667
    I think Halfords maybe a very good idea !

Rhubarb - It is like pram shopping again !! I have this sinking feeling !

I have the Isofix things in my car but just wanted the base for ease of getting in and out of the car really... oh gosh.. help !

Thanks ladies x
  • hi!

the pebble is a newer version of the cabriofix i think, but it hasn't been given the 5 stars yet like the cabriofix has but it will get them the shop lady told us! we have got the cabriofix anyway! easyfix and isofix bases just fit the cabriofix, and the familyfix fits them all but it will also fit the 1+ car seat which means you wouldnt have to buy another in a years time, but if you are planning on having another child you would need to buy another anyway! i hope i am telling you right...i am trying to remember it all from when we bought our pram!xxx
  • hello.

i think for the icandy pram you have to get the cabriofix, i think its to do with how it connects to your pram.

i have bought the cabriofix as it is a rely light weight carry seat and it also just clips into my mothercare my 3 pram.

dont know if this helps

vic x