Still waiting for baby....

Just wondering what having a sweep is like? tmi i know,im just feeling very nervous. Am i been really silly? If baby doesnt decide to make a move by monday then i guess a sweep will be next step? as i will be 10 days over due. xx

• AnnaNicole1AnnaNicole1 Posts: 2,435
    I think a sweep is just when the MW ''swirls'' her fingers around the cervix? Or like massages the cervix. I havent had one but i have heard an seen one bein done on a MW programme lol x It doesnt hurt or cause discomfort i dont think hun x If ur really unsure ring ur MW and ask her/him what it involves? x
  • EbansmummyEbansmummy Posts: 1,227
    Hi hun, im due tomorrow and next midwife appointment is mon and she said if bubs is right down they'll give me a sweep if I want one. She said its basically just were she inserts her fingers and trys to separate the membranes to start off the hormones that bring on birth and if its going to happen it'll happen in the next 48 hours. She said it doesnt hurt but it can be uncomfortable. Im more worried about having to walk back from the doctors on my own and my waters breaking on the main road image

Hope baby shows up this weekend so you dont have to have one xx
  • claireoctclaireoct Posts: 112
    Thank you for the replies.

Mossy's Missus that last bit made me laugh about walking home.

Still not sure i like the sound of sweep :S but fingers crossed baby makes a move very soon.

xx
  • pinkpiggy57pinkpiggy57 Posts: 207
    i had a sweep with my 1st daughter 6 yrs ago & i was 5 days overdue,sweep took less than 2 mins & didnt hurt,was more uncomfortable,similer to a smear

you can bleed a little after,like pink mucus so take a panty liner with you & you may feel a bit achey down there.

Didnt actually work for me i still went 15 days overdue,with my 2nd & 3rd baby i refused the sweep as i find here that they will sweep then leave you for a few days to see if anything happens then sweep again but if you refuse they just book you in to be induced,which i prefer.
    Hi hun. Just wondering if baby had made a move or you have had your sweep? I went this morning and baby is still only 3/5 engaged but she offered me one anyway but I decided against it. Got my term + 10 next wed but hopefully wont make it that far. Hope your bubs has made, or is not far off from making a move. xx
    Aww it must be so exciting and nerve racking waiting for the baby image I'm 6 months and 3 months left i can't wait now! lol xx
    Hi, well went to hospital, tried to do sweep but she couldnt, think baby was posteria? it was not a nice experience, got to go back on wed. i just hope baby makes a move before then. xx
  • stanleylukstanleyluk Posts: 22
    I must be a right baby because i had a sweep done and it really hurt! i tried everything to get that baby out! the sweep didn't work so she booked me in for another one but i chickened out and thankfully i went in to labour! i was 9 days overdue.

I tried baths, curry, bonking (oh la la)....pulled a muscle so not worth it ha, raspberry leaf tea, pinapple, caster oil (never ever ever again will i try that), long walks etc....My mum said she will come when she is ready...and she did x
  • stanleylukstanleyluk Posts: 22
    sorry just read that back! not very supportive am i?!

Lmao @Lauz and the bonking muscle comment lmao!!!
    Fingers crossed Butterfly, its just so annoying not knowing when it could all kick off. Every little ache and twinge gets you excited and then your let down when it stops. Also sick of people asking 'any signs yet?'. Im only 2 days over and im so fed up, can only imagine what your going through.

AnnaNicole, its exciting but really frustrating, only 2 days over and I feel like I could cry, after 9 months of waiting to meet him you'd think he'd have the decency to come when hes meant to,lol!! Everyone keeps telling me to make the most of the quite time and sleep but I just want to meet my little man and know hes ok.

Lol at Lauz, the things that we'll try yet we know deep down that nothing will get them out until they are good and ready. Hubby is made up with the bonking though so at least one of us is happy.

Fingers crossed for us both hun

xxxx
    I know how u feel hun, i'm gettin fed up waiting now an im only 6 months lol. I dred thinking about being 1 day over now so i can understand ur frustration lol. He'll be here soon though im sure an he'll probably let u know! lol xx
    Thanks for the replies, its good to read your stories makes me feel better, im now 11 days over due and so so fed up.

Been gettin a few tummy pains today, but im not gettin my hopes up again. Im back at hospital first thing tomorrow, i just hope baby has moved i really really dont want to be induced, but i cant go on much longer. i should be gettin induced tomorrow, but they are fully booked so looking like thursday now, i dont want to wait any more im so tired.(fed up of waddling) I just want to meet our baby so bad now. im tryin to stay happy and positive but i feel so low well im not sure how i feel really? i thought i would have my baby in my arms long before now image

sorry for the winge, i will cheer my self up now, i will go and look through bumps things always makes me smile.

xx
    Yeah looking at the clothes always makes u smile image x Im sure the baby will be here before u know it an ull be crying out for a good nights sleep! lol xx
    Well ladies, I think this is it. Started getting bad pains in my back at about half 11 last night. I lay there for a while and they come in waves and were quite painful. Left hubby sleeping for quite a while before I told him. We got up at about half 4 and had a cup of tea and watched some telly till I went to bed about 6 ish and managed to get some sleep till about 10 although I was dreaming I was getting pains so I must of still been able to feel them. When I woke up hubby had got back into bed and managed to get some sleep so didnt feel to bad. I've been having a bad belly and pinkish slime when I go the toilet as well (tmi). Havent rang the midwife or hospital as I know things arnt far enough along yet. Thing is I had a whole pineapple (including the core) to myself at about half 8 last night and then a few hours later the pains started. Im still quite chilled at the minute and the pains are coming and going and quite strong but not overly bad so think i've got quite a while to go yet.

Hope your bubs makes a move before you have to be induced Butterfly.

xxx
    Oh how exciting!!!!!!! Please keep us updated image xxxx
    Hope all is going well for you Mossy's Missus!!!

Well i had a sweep this morning, (so very painful!!!) doc said i was 1 cm dialated. and i think the sweep has worked at startin me off, i have been getting that pinkish slime too, and pains vary from sometimes in my back and others in my tummy. so im hopin when i go to the hospital in the morning i will be well on my way with out their help!! i know im 12 days over due and should have been mentally ready ages ago, but i just feel ready now? im really going to be a mum!!!!!

hope everyone else is ok image xxx
  • racheybaby123racheybaby123 Posts: 572
    Oh, I'm so excited for you ladies!! Really hope all goes well and look forward to hearing any updates...! xxx
    Whoop Whoop who will deliver first, the race is on! lol Everyone place ur bets lol xx

Good luck girls, i can't wait til i write a post on here saying i've gone into labour but then i'll be rushing off to jump in a bath lol x
    Any news? x
    m still going!!! Went to hospital about 6 o'clock last night and baby was back to back with me so my contractions were killing me. I was only 2 cm dialated and still had a cm of of my cervix left. Baby was happy and wriggling away. They sent me home as I need to try and turn baby the right way and speed it all up. Had a rough night with pains but a bath sort of helped. Went to bed about half 12 and managed to sleep till about 8ish which I didnt expect. Woke up and the pains have slowed down but they are starting to pick up now and had loads more pinkish slime this morning so hopefully that was the last of my cervix coming away.

Hope Butterfly is doing better than me

xxx
    Aww how exciting!!!!! I wonder how ur gettin on now? lol xx
  • Nicki-JadeNicki-Jade Posts: 914
    I have got a feeling that when things go quiet its good news!! Thinking of you Butterfly and Mossy's Missus!

Never heard of the cervis coming away before though, pinky slim is usually the mucus plug isn't it, your cervix just dialates to allow baby to come out. Ah well, not that it mattes, they'll both likely have their babies in their arms by now.

Let us know when you can ladies.

NJ x (34)
    Awww I know i can't wait to see piccies!!! I'd laugh if the babies were both born minutes apart or something lol!
  • RhubarbulousRhubarbulous Posts: 1,989
    This is really exciting! Looking forward to hearing an update!

Thinking of you both.

Rhubarb x
    Just a quick update before bed. After 65 1/2 hours in labour Eban David Andrew Moss was born on the 14th May, 4.26pm weighing 7lb 2oz and he is perfect. I love him to pieces. It was hard and I didnt think I would get there but I did and it was worth it. I will come on and tell you all about it but I havent slept properly since monday so im off to bed. Hope Butterfly has had her little bundle by now as well. xx

Eban and his nan
    Awwww hes gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! xxxx
  • MrsDunsmore2006MrsDunsmore2006 Posts: 2,061
    Gorgeous. Congratulations, lady!
  • pinkpiggy57pinkpiggy57 Posts: 207
    65.5 hrs in labourimage

I think my 5.5 hrs are badimage

wow he is beautiful,congratulations to you & your hubby.

Get lots of rest too,so pleased for you

welcome to the world baby moss