Flipping heck I think I'm pregnant!

Which is fantastic news!

Just did a test and will only be about 3 weeks but I am suppose to be going for a spa day for my friends birthday next weekend.

I know from my sister being pregnant that jacuzzis etc are a no go but how the heck do I get out of this one without telling anybody I am pregnant?

Help please. x

• nowvickyjnowvickyj Posts: 312
    Congratulations. Fab news!!

Can you "be ill" next week if it is going to be a problem at the spa?

xx
  • Care-BearCare-Bear Posts: 465
    AWww Congrat!

At the spa I go to there are signs up and one of the warnings is for pregnant women not to use the jacuzzi, saunsa or steam room - something to do with the heat being too much.

I think the easiest thing would be to say your 'ill'. Else you will have lots of very difficult questions. Or could you forget your bikini? Depends what other treatments you have booked in etc.
  • Alfie222Alfie222 Posts: 276
    Wow! Huge congratilations! I think you're getting married on the 24th july, same day as me?! I'd love to be in your boat and be pregnant tooimage

You will be about 12 weeks at the wedding? Maybe you can get your scan done just before, then break the news at the wedding? Sounds very exciting.

As for the spa day, i think either not going (although if it's a good friend, I agree, a forgotten bikini). Or maybe say you feel a bit funny and can't cope with the heat, you'd just like a gentle swim, treatments etc (although i suppose they might guessimage maybe tell them all to hit the jacuzzi while you have a treatment? Say you'te just getting over a virus or something.

xxx
  • fruitpastille25fruitpastille25 Posts: 1,030
    Hi girls,

Thanks for the advice. I was going to cry off ill but she really is one of my best friends and there are only 4 of us going so I wouldn't want to let her down.

I think I may go with Wilburs suggestion and say that I don't feel great and so will have a swim but not jacuzzi etc. Also going to ring the spa tomorrow and see if there are any treatments which are suitable for mums to be. Then the girls don't have to know just yet.

Wilbur, yes get married 24th July. H2B has already asked if he can announce it in his speech. I said yes as long as we manage to keep it a secret that long - I have a hen night to get through first!

thanks for all the support and congratulations x
  • MrsS to beMrsS to be Posts: 2,633
    Awww bless!!!COngrats hun!

H2b was watching celeb 4 weddings and one of the husbands announced her pregnancy in his speech it was lovely image

H2b said ohhh thats such a good idea!!! - it is but i would be worried that i'd not fit in my dress at 12 weeks.. but if it happened then of course I'd be over the moon, just like you guys are.

Its lovely it really is, don't expect a dry eye in the house though if he's going to announce it!image

Congratulations again!!x
  • fruitpastille25fruitpastille25 Posts: 1,030
    Mrs November - yes I am worrying about the dress. In fact, have been on swap and sale forum here to see if anyone has a size 14 dress going cheap as hopefully I won't have put a huge amount of weight on by then but I do think I am going to struggle to get into my dress!