weight loss = pregnancy?? x

hiya ladies this may seem like a silly question but me and h2b are wanting to start trying for a baby soon, were getting married in sept but have been wanting a new addition for two years now. I went to may GP back then to discuss about trying for a baby and my health etc, then i weighed about 18 stone but am happy to report im loosing weight nicely and just wondered is it true that this will help us concieve??

sorry if i sound daft : P

thanks xxximage

• Nicki-JadeNicki-Jade Posts: 914
    The best person to advise you properly on this would be your doctor hun, a professional. From what I understand over or under weight can have an affect on conceiving, not sure of the science behind it, why it affects it but fingers crossed it will help and you'll get the news you are wanting.

Best of luck

NJ x
  • sfmoonsfmoon Posts: 113
    Hello

Your GP should be able to tall you all the facts but my understanding is that generally having a healthy weight can help you with conceiving and also for being healthy during pregnancy. But also that a healthy diet is just as important as your weight itself...so going on a crash diet wouldn't be a good idea. It sounds to me like you are doing all the right things and very well done on your weight loss so far. Good luck

xxx