Forum home You & Your Baby

Sharing here cos I can't tell anyone for AGES!

Hi girls,

We got married in June. We both believed that having children was going to be difficult, if not impossible, as I don't menstruate more than twice a year, and we tried for a year pre marriage 'just to see if we could' and I didn't get pregnant.

We saw a doctor and I got a prescription for hormone tablets which I hadn't yet handed in as we decided on a wedding date and I didn't want any chance I could be pregnant.

We went straight on honeymoon after the wedding, and having not had a period since march didn't think anything could ever happen. Our honeymoon was an adventure trip with loads of mad activities like white water rafting and caving, i kept joking about leaving my legs in the air after sex etc but never took it seriously.

Well. when we got back last week, my boobs were big and sore and my tummy was sore too...we both thought I was about to maybe have a period. When no period came I did a test (again, no chance I could be pregnant, I've taken enough negative tests in my time!) and the line appeared...PREGNANT!

I did another one, same thing again...PREGNANT!

And yesterday, just to be sure, I did a 3rd test, and yet again...pregnant!

I can't really take it in, we expected to start trying and be trying for maybe 3 years before anything happened. Its obviously very early and we won't tell anyone until week 12 which is killing me-I'm so desperate to tell my mum! We also have no idea how pregnant I am although we can guess roughly that I must be somewhere between 4-5 weeks.

Anyway, just had to tell someone! I am very shellshocked, absolutely terrified, but also delighted. It feels like a miracle has just happened!

• PeasnCarrotsPeasnCarrots Posts: 1,831
    Awww how amazing!!!

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hope everything goes well x

xxxxxx
  • AnnaNicole1AnnaNicole1 Posts: 2,435
    Congrats image xxx
  • Angela49ukAngela49uk Posts: 855
    Congratulations!!! That's fab news xx
  • mrshodge2bemrshodge2be Posts: 117
    awww what an amazing story! congratulations!

sending lots of sticky baby dust to u! ********************

xxxxx

• mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    Congratulations!!!

I told my mum quite early as I wanted her to be there for me if something were to happen.

All the best for the next 9 months

Dawn x
  • Congratulations! Hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months! x
  • michjoemichjoe Posts: 544
    Congratulations!! That's wonderful news xx
  • aww congrats all the best x keep us updated! xx
  • aww congrats all the best x keep us updated! xx
  • Amandas28Amandas28 Posts: 738
    Congratulations thats excellent!! x
  • willsgirlwillsgirl Posts: 960
    Massive congratulations! I really hope it all runs smoothly for you image xxx
  • Aaaah thanks everyone! I am very excited and very very nervous, I guess that's normal!

I'll let you all know how it's all going image
  • Congratulations!!

There's no way I would be able to wait 12 weeks before telling my Mum!!!!

xx
  • Hehe I know! But my husband really thinks we shouldn't get her hopes up, and also she will have so many questions when we haven't entirely got our heads around it all ourselves...I also live in a different country so if things go wrong she would feel so helpless...so I think the best for her is if I wait until later, even though I'd love to get it off my chest!!