Forum home You & Your Baby

When does it start?

After a bfp, which we r still in shock that it's actually happening, so excited, when can I expect to start feeling any sickness or signs of pregnancy?

• mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    not everyone gets the dreaded morning sickness, unfortunately I did, it kicked in around 6 weeks and lasted until week 24. You may be one of the lucky ones that don't get it.

You don't really start to feel pregnant until you have seen your little bean at the first scan, but I also think it really starts to feel real when the little one starts kicking

Congratulations and here's to a happy and healthy 9 months

Dawn x
  • JmulyJmuly Posts: 135
    Thanks Dawn.

I am still in the very early stages but yesterday felt yucky all day then was so bloated at night, I wasn't sure whether to expect this so early on?

My hubby thinks it's all in my head lol and I won't start feeling anything for a good weeks yet. Obviously we aren't telling anyone until our first scan but it's hard when you have all these questions and no-one to ask!

J x
  • my mom said she felt pregnant within days of conceiving. she conceived my brother on a day she normally shouldnt have been able to get pregnant on (my father was working abroad at the time and was home only for a few days so she can pinpoint it axactly) and therefore initially discounted her feeling but a few weeks later she knew for sure. it was her third pregnancy btw.