Forum home You & Your Baby

Implantation bleeding?? Advice please

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone had this and if so how long for and did you get any pain.

My AF is due later this week, however approx 6 days after first bding of that week) I had some bleeding and slight cramping on one side.

Now I am trying not to get my hopes up but wondered if this could have been implantation bleeding as it only lasted a few hours??

Any ideas/advice

Thanks x

• mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    My implantation bleed was really light and lasted a couple of days....more like spotting.

I also experienced severe cramping that lasted a couple of hours, I don't normally get cramping so thought it was linked to my IBS.

Didn't realise I was pregnant at the time, I was 6 weeks gone when I found out, put my implantation down as an abnormal period on my calendar

Dawn x
  • poppet12poppet12 Posts: 357
    How many weeks are you? This happened to me after 11 weeks after my scan - so you can imagine the distress it caused me. Best thing to do is see your GP and get it checked out. It is also a sign to rest and do nothing. I was signed off work for a week and did nothing but stayed in bed. My bleeding lasted for an hour and I was spotting for a week after. It stopped then I started spotting again a week later. Thankfully everything is OK and am now 18 weeks pregnant but I know it is worrying.

Let us know how you get on but try not to worry as in most cases they cannot explain why it happens. Take it easy, rest, eat healthy and see your GP.
  • thanks ladies. I got my AF so it wasn't implantation bleeding, although I know what to look out for. xx