4 days til Wedding and massively sick and bloated...

I don't normally post in the You and Your Baby Section but I need some pearls of wisdom image

It is 4 days until my wedding, and i'm about 10 weeks 4 days pregnant today and still massively feeling nauseous. And bloated.

My wedding dress was tight at the last fitting, despite actually having lost a few pounds due to spewing up every day image

I'm mentally preparing myself to feel uncomfortable and sick, which is a shame because rather than wishing the day didn't come to an end I fear I may be wishing for the opposite.....

I have been taking Phenergen tablets to help with the sickness, so will dose up on those and hope I feel right as rain on the day. However the bloating is a problem. What's the bloating all about ladies?? Is there anything I can do to try and prevent this? My dress is gonna be tiiiiiiiight at this rate and I'm seriously considering buying another more suitable (read comfortable) dress for the evening because there ain't nothing worse than being uncomfy!

Any pearls of wisdom greatly appreciated image

Jen x

• Hi Gwen,

I can't really offer much advice but I was 12 weeks and 4 days when we got married and I was huge by then! I wore my dress for the official bit and the photos and then got changed for the meal.

I then put my dress back on at the start of the evening do so that the people who hadn't been there during the day could see it and then changed again!

It was a faff on but I was bloody uncomfortable in my dress. And I am sure if I had got married a week later it wouldn't have fit anymore!

I was lucky in that I didn't have any sickness but I'm sure the excitement of the day will carry you through. Mints always help my nausea and I drink ginger ale with lime which is really refreshing but also helps the nausea.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful day x
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    No pearls of wisdom from me as I suffered horribly with morning sickness and nothing would help.

I just wanted to say congrats on the pregnancy and good luck with the wedding. Hope it goes well and you don't suffer too badly!!!

Dawn x
  • FairyluFairylu Posts: 79
    Awww that's rubbich. I know that drinking plenty of fluids is important when you are bloated which never seems right but apparently it's true. Unfortunately you probably don't need any more help at visiting the loo frequently?

I hope it goes well!