When will my partner be able to feel baby kick??

Hello ladies,

I am 23 weeks pregnant with my first baby and soooo excited image due date is 8th May. I can feel baba kicking away and I was just wondering at what month is my partner able to feel it? Also, a bit of a silly question but as I am 23 weeks does that make me 5months and 3 weeks or 5 months and 1 week as I was under the impression that as of next week I will be 6 months but someone told me different...hmmmmmmm im confused.com image x

• Hi rennielauren,

I'm due May 4th so will be 24 weeks this Wed, and I class my self as 5 months and 1 week, I think it's because every month isn't a standard 4 weeks so I'm adding a few weeks on each time I work out my months! I think when I'm 26/27 weeks I'll class myself as 6 months..

Baby has been moving a lot more now for roughly last 3 weeks and I would say for about the last 2 weeks my hubby has been able to feel it and also see my belly move! Have you joined the due May 2011 group, if not... keep going through the pages and you should see it.
  • Hey

About 22 weeks my hubby could feel baby kicking. I would say you're just over 5 months pregnant, my due date was 27th may so on 27th jan I said I was 5 months, 27th feb 6 months etc.

Charlotte x
  • poppet12poppet12 Posts: 357
    Think my hubby felt baby kick when I was around 22 weeks - I was lying on the sofa and the baby was moving so I called him to touch my belly and he felt it then. So really anytime now. It's an amazing feeling!
  • xmummy2bxxmummy2bx Posts: 169
    Aww thats great girls, I thought it was about now that he could start feeling baby move. It is such an amazing feeling it makes me smile every time I feel kick image
  • HRoper2bHRoper2b Posts: 563
    My husband felt the baby move on new years eve for the first time when I was 21 weeks. Its sporadic and he does have to be patient but he has felt it a few times since then! At the moment he only seems to be able to feel it when I am sat really quietly and still and when I am relaxed, but its lovely to see his face light up, especially as he knows I can feel it quite a lot!
  • i'm jealous image i'm 21+2, and due to being a larger girl, and the placenta being on the front (or something) i still dont feel flutters, which i'm told is normal, but i'm so looking forward to having proper kicks, hubs can feel too.
  • shellbob73shellbob73 Posts: 3,152
    My placenta was at the front (anterior?) and I never ever felt the fluttering that people describe!

The first time I felt her kick I was in bed on my side & she gave an almighty kick where my hand was! She did it again whilst my husband had his hand there. I was 21 + 2 when this happened.
  • shellbob73, u have given me hope... my mum said i may be unlucky and never feel it, i was like omg no! lol hopefully soon the monster will start kicking... it already knows when their gonna 'see' daddy which is cool (minus the discomfort i get)