Morning Sickness

Is having no morning sickness a bad thing?

Ive read conflicting reports regarding morning sickness - some say that those women who dont have any tend to miscarry or their babies are born with defects/health problems, yet other reports say there is no link between morning sickness and the health of a baby.

Its confusing what to believe?!

• Some women have it, some are lucky and don't. It is nothing to worry about. image
  • danizkdanizk Posts: 38
    I have had sickness but when my mam was pregnant with me she didn't suffer with any sickness at all. Infact she felt great and didn't loose her appetite!

Don't worry, i haven't heard or read any reports about a link between no sickness and miscarriage.

I was born healthy 8Ib and didn't have any illnesses etc so you will be fine.

XX
  • if you dont have it consider yourself lucky and enjoy your pregnancy. its nothig to worry about, just some women react better to the hormonal changes than others. my mother threw up every day, i was nauseous but never sick, and my mother-in-law felt great throughout with both pregnancies. xx
  • I've not been pregnant (yet!), but I really think it depends on the individual and has no bearing on the health of the baby. When my mum was carrying me, she felt a little nauseous at times, but only was actually sick once throughout the whole of her pregnancy (and she thinks that's because she ate tomatoes... my arch nemesis when I was little!). I know other people who've had no morning sickness at all and had very healthy little babies.

If you're worried at all, you could always ask your doctor or midwife xx
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    They sometimes say if you are having a girl then morning sickness is worse....I had a girl and I really suffered!!!

Dawn x
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
    All my friends say I'm having a boy because I've had no morning sickness, but my mum didn't and she had 2 girls, and my mil didn't and she had 3 boys!

With morning sickness, some people get it, some don't. Whether you do or don't makes no difference to the health of your baby

• NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    I think if you don't get it you're lucky! image

Just a word of warning before you get too pleased- mine didn't hit properly until about 8 weeks and was still there until about 18 weeks... If you've only just found out you're pregnant it can still get you!image

xx
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    NowmrsM, how lucky are you???? Mine lasted to 26 weeks then kicked in again at 30 weeks due to severe indigestion and its not funny in the last few weeks of pregnancy when you are retching cos baby is also pressing on your bladder and each retch makes you piddle

Dawn x
  • oh the joys of pregnancy... image mine started around 6 weeks and got worse till about 8 weeks. weeks 8 and 9 were def the worst. im now 11+3 and it has eased considerably.
  • Hey ladies, i have been soo lucky as no sickness yet, a few odd occassions when I feel a bit sickly but not continued image

I am hoping I dont get it lol but its early days! I wouldnt worry if you havent, each person reacts differently to the hormones so dont worry

• MrsH2128MrsH2128 Posts: 566
    You should hope you don't get sick, it really is the worst especially because I feel bad as baby doesnt seem to be getting any food when I am sick after every meal. The worst week for me was week 8, 9 and 10. It has eased quite a bit and now I am mainly feeling nauseous but not being sick as much. Many women don't get sick at all and if you are one of the few then I am very envious!