Forum home You & Your Baby

Labour symptoms

What did you have when you went into labour?

I guess I have been lucky and not suffered from braxton hicks (yet) - I am due on Wednesday 26 Jan. I've a few twinges at night but nothing major so far. I know there is the show, your water breaking etc.... but am not starting to get paranoid that I will not know I should be going to hospital.

Or is all the pain being saved up for me when I go into labour??? I am seeing my midwife tomo so hopefully she will tell me how long they will let me go on for before they feel I should go to hospital.

• NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    Poppet- I was thinking exactly the same... And am due on the 29th! image just had coffee with my NCT group and they all said that labour is unmistakable... That regardless of what you read or hear you will just KNOW when you are in labour and then the hospital will guide you as to when to come in...

Made me feel much better image

Fingers crossed for us both that these babies make their appearance sooner rather than later! image

good luck

Xx
  • My waters broke at 2am and woke me up so I def knew I was in labour...I was stood in bathroom with a puddle around my feet there was that much!!

They say when contractions are 5 mins apart and lasting more than 30 seconds. Mine were 3/4 mins apart straight away and varied from 20-40 seconds! When I went in at 9.30am I was 3-4cm.

Oooo not long now very exciting!x
  • poppet12poppet12 Posts: 357
    Saw midwife today and she has confirmed that baby is not ready as head not engaged yet. So I have to go back next week for a sweep - which I am not looking forward to. Here's hoping that something happens between now and then. She will also book when I get induced! Thing is I am feeling fine and just waiting for the labour to happen. I knew I would be late.

She has also said that my blood pressure is a bit on the high side but will look at it next week and could mean I have to go into hospital to be monitored. I have not had any headache symptoms or blurred vision which is what is associated to high blood pressure.

So MrsM - I think I could well be the last one from our January pack!

Will go to the gym tomorrow and walk on the treadmill as they say it will help.
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    I had a sweep on the friday before I had my little girl on the monday. It was horrible but it made me 2cms dilated. I got my show on the Friday night and my waters broke on the Sunday. I wasn't actually having contractions until after I arrived at the delivery suite but I had to go in because my bile levels were through the roof and I needed monitoring.

ooooooo...its getting exiting for you all!!!

Dawn x
  • NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    Still hanging on in there Poppet?!

I saw midwife on Tues too, was 4/5 engaged and all in right position and she said she 'didn't think it was even worth' booking an appt to see her next week for a sweep so am hoping that she's got an inkling this baby is going to make an appearance soon! She said to phone her directly if it'd not arrived by Thu next week...I was convinced it was going to arrive this week though but now am convinced I'm going to go overdue! Here you're admitted for induction after 10 days, so I'm looking the 8thish of Feb as latest now...

Am hating the waiting though- am going to bed every night hoping it'll happen and then waking up disappointed! So silly when I'm not even due to Sat! image

Lots of labour dust to you! x