Irregular periods- tests

We hope to ttc early June. Since coming off the pill in May 2009 my periods have been very irregular.

Last week I had a blood test to check i am ovulating etc. I get the results on Friday. I feel quite frightened. It hit me today how devastated I would be if I'm not.

I'm also awaiting a scan to check for pcos.

I wish I wasn't such a worrier. We get married in May but these feelings are kind of taking over my enjoyment of planning.

Sorry for the rant, I know there are ladies on here who are in worse situations than me. I just needed to get it out. H2b is very laid back and doesn't worry about things until they actually happen (or don't happen in this case!). I wish Icould be more like him!

• hufrihufri Posts: 146
    Hi Chick-bass

You're post caught my eye as I'm waiting for my blood test to look for PCOS; just need to wait for days 2-5 of my cycle but seeing as my first cycle off the pill was 64 days and I'm only at the beginning of the next, I could have a long wait! My husband is very laid back about it as well and isn't at all worried; good but frustrating at the same time!

I hope your scan and blood tests were what you wanted them to be and that all is well.....
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    Hiya

Just to say the tests are the good thing, as if you aren't ovulating they can give you tablets that will boost it, and if you have PCOS it doesn't mean you can't have a baby. My cousin has it and she is about to give birth to her second baby. It seems once she got pregnant with the first she fell quickly with the second.
    Awww, thanks for your words of encouragement cebpickle1!
  • I was diagnosed with PCOS and I am now expecting my 3rd child in July. I was told my overies were so bad Id probably never conceive naturally. I was quite shocked when I got pregnant with my son. Not only do I have a 5 year old son now, but I also have a 2 year old daughter and another daughter on the way all concieved naturally so dont panic just yet. Even if you do have PCOS its still possible to have kids.

Plus I have a few friends who also have PCOS and they have conceived using a drug called clomide so even if you cant conceive naturally there are still other ways. Also being on the pill can really mess with your periods for months and months afterwards in some cases too.

Dont Panic xxxxxxx
  • chick-basschick-bass Posts: 563
    hi everyone

Thanks for your comments. The tests all came back clear so we should be good to go! I've been reading a book called 'Taking control of your fertility' (or something along those lines) and it has been really useful in helping me realise that not everyone has the perfect 28 day cycle. I pretty much know I am ovulating now, just by looking at the signs that the book suggested! I would recommend it to anyone who has any worries!
    Great news Chick-bass and good luck!!
  • chick-basschick-bass Posts: 563
    Thank you hufri. How have you got on with your tests? Have you had them yet?

Hope all is well.

xx
    No, not had them yet chick-bass. Waiting for the right time in my cycle for the blood tests and my scan appointment to come through.