strange period?

Hi,

Last week I was having very light spotting on and off for 3 days, I thought it was strange as my periods are normally like clockwork so took a test and it was negative, the next day (tues) I got AF, it was heavy for 2 days and then became light. On Friday it had virtually gone and tonight I am now spotting again image

Is this normal, should I be worried?

Thanks in advance

• Mrs-L-2bMrs-L-2b Posts: 1,702
    Hi

Are you TTC? Did AF come when it was supposed to or was it early/late?

• mrsm1mrsm1 Posts: 28
    Hi, we are not really ttc seriously yet, but kind of it happens, it happens. AF was late by a few days. Still spotting today! image

Thanks

xx
    I guess there is a chance you could be pregnant then, although you said you did a test which was negative, i would perhaps do another one as it could have been a bit too early to detect it when you tested before? If the test is still negative and you are still spotting/bleeding, then I would probably go and see my GP, especially as you say your periods are normally regular and this one has been different to your previous periods.

xx
    Hi Mrs L 2b,

Thanks for your advice, I will leave it a couple of more days then will go to my GP if still bleeding (I'm such a wimp!) and will do another test tomorrow.

Thanks again xxx
  • Lainey_emLainey_em Posts: 167
    I had a little bit of bleeding like the start of a period then it went away next day like you have very normal periods so knew it was strange did a test couple of days later and it was positive. Good luck image
    Let us know how you get on.

Hi Lainey_em,

Firstly congratulations, you must be very happy.

Did you have a normal period after the light bleeding? Today I have had cramping like period pains but not as bad and have a massive headache tonight!

Thanks, and congrats again.

Mrs L 2b I will let you know!

xxx
    Hi,

Well I have taken another test this morning and while it was doing its thing (it was a clear blue one) the book icon kept flashing up on the screen, on the leaflet it says that this signals that it cant get a reading, then it changed to BFN so I'm taking it as its not meant to be yet, and maybe Im just having a funny month. Will see what next month brings!

Thanks for your support

xxx
  • Lainey_emLainey_em Posts: 167
    Good luck for next month never got a period was pregnant after the light bleed read about it on here turns out it was implantation bleed. image
    Thanks and congrats again thats fab news.

xx