Positive test...

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the possibility of a false positive test? It's a clearblue test, not the digital type. We have literally JUST started trying. I'm due on today, and am not normally late, so on the off chance bought a test in sainsburys on the way home (as you do!) and got a positive. I don't have any symptoms other than the lack of my period.

I'm not really sure about whether you can get a false positive or not? Does anyone know?

• MrsMuirMrsMuir Posts: 18
    Hon, I would pretty much say for certain that ur pregnant - congratulations! But if u are in a state of disbelief maybe go & get another test & do it again in the morning xx
  • NowMrsWoodNowMrsWood Posts: 438
    I would say it is very unlikely, maybe do another one in a couple of days or pop down to your GP and they can do one there. Good luck! image
  • GemNic13GemNic13 Posts: 534
    Well I bought a twin pack, so that was my first thought, to retest, and thought I'd leave it a few days (maybe Friday) to give it another go. I've spent about an hour and a half trying to find information on false positive tests but not coming up with much! Think it's just a big shock tbh...

Thanks though.

• Lainey_emLainey_em Posts: 167
    As far as I know there is very little false positives. I would test again I was only a couple of days late when I tested fell pregnant after only 2 months of TTC
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    I think the chances of false positives are very very slim. You can get "evaporation lines" I believe, but positive test pretty much means you're pregnant! You can get false negatives but not so much the other way around. I couldn't believe it when we got pregnant after just one attempt - but it can and does happen! Congrats!

If you're still worried, I found this site quite helpful:

http://www.peeonastick.com/

and there is a section on there about false positives:

http://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

Hth x