How long before symptoms appear?

How long did it take people to notice their pregnancy symptoms. We are planning on ttc next month and this is something I'm not sure about!

• MrsMortonMrsMorton Posts: 62
    Well i felt like i was pregnant about 1 week before i did the pregnancy test when my period was a day late.

My boobs felt so sensitive and they felt bigger! lol

Also I felt a bit achey like you do before your period starts, but i knew it wasn't due yet, so i had an inkling.

As we'd only just started trying that month i presumed it was my brain being over active! lol but alas no i did a test and it was positive, couldn't believe it!

The actual sickness feeling and tiredness didn't hit me until about 6 weeks.

Also i went right off alcohol about a week before my period was due, which again was a bit strange as i do like a good tipple! image

xx
  • chick-basschick-bass Posts: 563
    Mmmmm, scary!

I'll let you into a little secret, we have had a couple of 'mad moments' this month where we haven't been as careful as usual! I've felt a bit achy today so started to get paranoid!

Oh well, AF due in about 2 weeks so I guess only time will tell image
  • MrsMortonMrsMorton Posts: 62
    Aw well fingers crossed for you that you've got a little one growing in there!image

xx
    Haha thank you! We will be happy either way, although h2b will be a bit gutted as I'm sure he would've liked a bit more of the trying!!!

I hope everything goes well with your condition. I have never heard of that so cant offer any advice, but all the best!

xxx
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    TBH you do symptom spot CONSTANTLY when TTC. I know I did. I drove myself mad with it! But when I actually fell pregnant in our sixth month of TTC it definitely felt different. My boobs hurt like hell - way more than a bit of PMT tenderness. I also woke up at 2am for a few nights in a row with the worst heartburn ever! I remember thinking at 2am one night, 'I am definitely pregnant because otherwise I'm REALLY ill!' Then the next morning I wondered if I'd dreamt it. So casually took the pregnancy test and wandered off and forgot about it. Then went back a few hours later and found a faint positive line! So of course had to test again! This was about 3 days before af due but did test due to feeling so shoddy.

Bizarrely, once my due date had been calculated and confirmed at 12 wk scan, I looked on pregnology.com which calculates when you conceived and implantation date etc and the day I supposedly implanted I was up nearly all night feeling REALLy sick but thought it was because I'd eaten something I had had a reaction to (implantation for me was on 25th Dec!)

Some women get no symptoms whatsoever though. It wasn't until 5 or 6 weeks that I started to get morning sickness though.

Good luck chick!

xx
    Hahaha I know what you mean about the symptom spotting! I think I literally started the day after!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy sweetjouk!

xx
  • mum2be2011mum2be2011 Posts: 1,172
    Everyone is different and some people have no symptoms at all. I done a test only because I was late and it's unusual for me to be late, I didn't feel pregnant or feel any different. At about 6 weeks, my symptoms kicked in and I started to feel really tired and sick all the time. Now that I'm 14 weeks the syptoms are practically gone although my boobs are slightly tender and definitely bigger. x
  • JvLwithBabyBoyJvLwithBabyBoy Posts: 2,740 New bride
    i had some cramping a good week before af was due and assumed i was getting my period. from the day af was due i had 2 days where i felt a bit nauseous (though it was my imagination) and 3 days after af was due i had a metallic taste in my mouth. i tested 5 days after af was due and got a bfp. the typical pregnancy symptoms (peoper nausea and tiredness and sore breasts) didnt kick in until about 6 or 7 weeks though.
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
    I had absolutely no symptoms. I just did a test because we'd been trying for 6 weeks and thought I might as well do a test. I had done a test 2 weeks earlier which was negative, but I would have been about 2 weeks pregnant on that test.

I've had no morning sickness throughout and its only now at 32 weeks that I'm getting backache and occasionally get itchy boobs! x
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    Lol, that's what happened to us chick_bass, we decided we'd try later in the year, had one crazy night, then BOOM!

My earliest symptoms were pokey crampy feelings low down but off to one side, a heightened sense of smell (I could suddenly smell my hubby's leather book mark on his bedside table from bed), worse travel sickness (just going round the corner), my boobs didn't hurt but they did get a bit firmer. I also had an implantation bleed. We dtd on 18th Feb and the bleed was 5th March and I probably started noticing 'symptoms' from the beginning of that week, about 2nd March so about 10-12 days after the crazy night!

My cycles weren't uber regular so I tested 5 days before af was due at my longest cycle, but judging by the fact we did conceive that month and the dates from my scan I think I must have been on for a shorter cycle that month.

Good luck x

ETA I got pains that felt like I'd been overdoing the sit ups quite early too.