Tummy toning!

Hey ladies!

I hope someone can help me.. I had my little boy 15 1/2 weeks ago by c section... I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight (yay!) and can fit in all my clothes but my tummy still needs a lot of work as it's by no means back to it's normal self!

But not sure of best way to go about it... I don't fancy a high level cardio class as I walk alot with Noah and I don't want to lose anymore weight... And I don't think my poor tummy could handle oodles of crunches which is what I'd have dne before...

Any ideas? image

• poppet12poppet12 Posts: 357
    Well done getting back into your clothes! I know I have lost some of my pregnancy weight but cannot remember what my pre pregnancy weight was. I am slowly getting back into my clothes but the problem is my tummy. There are days when it just seems bloated.

I have started going back to the gym and do combat and zumba. Before going back to the gym I was doing stomach crunches morning and evening - which I should really get back to doing as it did help. The only other thing I am doing to try and tone my tummy is running - I try to run 3km a week and will start to build it up by 1km until I can run 10km.

Some people are just lucky to spring back to their previous tummy - unfortunately I am not one of them and know the only way to work it is stomach crunches and serious cardio exercise (plus cut out my chocs/bisuits). In the meantime, I am dressing in a way to disguise my tummy.

Try pilates or powerplates - apparently very good for core muscles.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
    I'm not there yet, as I've still got 7 weeks of my pregnancy left to go. But I plan on doing a lot of sit ups, the plank (where you lie on your forearms keeping a straight back), will hopefully get back into body attack and body combat and also you could get yourself a hoola hoop. I used it everyday before I was pregnant and its great for toning up your tummy.

• lucelalucela Posts: 551
    Hi I haven't had a baby but had flab that couldn't shift and I have to say the jillian michaels dvd's have really worked she said crunches alone are not enough and it's all about core stability and it's only a 25 min work out

• cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    my cousin was advised not to do many stomach exercises for 6 months after her caersarean, but was allowed to do aqua aerobics which helped her
  • NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    Thanks for all your replies!

I did a little google and found there's a pilates class in the community centre right by my house! I emailed the instructor and he said that he'll tell me which bits to go easy on due to the c-section but that it should do the job! And is really reasonable too so will give it a try!

Will let you know how I get on! X
  • JvLwithBabyBoyJvLwithBabyBoy Posts: 2,740 New bride
    i was going to suggest pilates actually image i started a class before i got pregnant and really enjoyed it and plan on taking it up again after the birth. other than that i will just take up running again.

well done for getting back to your pre baby weight in only 15 weeks!
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
    Oh and when you are ready to start doing full on exercise, I second the recommnendation for the jillian michaels dvd... its hardcore exercise!!!
  • poppet12poppet12 Posts: 357
    Thanks for the tip on Jillian Michaels - never actually heard of her but have ordered her DVD from amazon on stomach exercise.

Will keep you posted how I get on. I intend to use the DVD on days I cannot go to the gym. Going to do body attack next week after over 18 months since I last did it!