Forum home You & Your Baby

Confused.com

Hi Ladies,

I was here for my wedding 12th june last year and have been hovering in this forum for a while now. Im just very confused image what to do, me and my husband have just moved into a 2 bed flat that we have bought and the original plan was to see how we got on with bils etc for a few months and start TTC in august when we go on holiday. But my husband said to me this morning that he thinks i should come off the pill now and we should start trying now and i just dont know what to do for the best.

I do really want to try for a baby but i think i am scared of taking the step, i spoke to my mum and she said to go for it your never really truly ready for children because it is the unknown, i said what about the holiday what if i do fall and feel crap on holiday and she said if you keep seeing things like that you will constantly be putting it off.

Just wondered what all you ladies thought and if you had any experiences or advice image

• NewMrsPNewMrsP Posts: 197
    Hi..it's a difficult decision to make and one that you should both feel ready for. August isn't too far away if you don't feel ready now.

One thing I would say is that if you have been on the pill for a long time it might be worth deciding to stop taking it as it can take a while to come out of your system. When I stopped taking it I didn't have a normal AF until 50 days later! You can always use other protection but at least when you feel ready you're body should be ready. Also it never hurts to start taking folic acid as early as possible xx
  • MrsBarrowmanMrsBarrowman Posts: 687
    There is never a good time for a baby. Your mum is right things like holidays etc will crop up all the time.

Babies don't always happen over night, my sister has been trying for 3 years image
  • DuddersDudders Posts: 1,659 New bride
    You had made a decision to TTC in August and I guess you are comfortable with that. That's probably why it doesn't feel quite right now - you've made a plan and got your head round that and now your OH is moving the goal posts. Although in a way, there's nothing wrong with that - August isn't far away so if you want to wait then it's not long, but also it's not really bringing your plan that far forward.

I know what you mean about not wanting to risk your holiday - we will be TTC in August, but as that's also when we're getting married and on honeymoon, I don't want to risk feeling rubbish of having AF, so will be stopping the pill just before the wedding. It's not guaranteed but should work out the way we want. That aside, this isn't your honeymoon or anything so even if you felt naff, there's always other holidays - and it would be worth it for a baby!!

Good luck whatever you choose to do xx
  • HRoper2bHRoper2b Posts: 563
    My advice would be to make sure that you are comfertable with any decision before you start trying. My hubby talked me into trying before I was ready as we had been told it would take a while due to medical issues, It couldnt happen so there was no problem trying! Well I got pregnant within 6 weeks! Im now 10 days overdue and still freaking out a bit as I still dont feel ready to become a mum! I had in my head that we would have another year to carry on with nice holidays, house rennovations etc.

If you had decided to start trying in August then I woud think about what difference these few months would make and if you are really not sure then wait!

Hx
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
    We were going to ttc 6 months after we got married, but I found out I had pcos so we started 3 months after wedding, but I fell pregnant within 2 weeks.

Contrary to what people say, the pill does come out of your system straight away. It may take a month or 2 for periods to become regular again, but in terms of ovulation and hormone levels, it goes back to normal straight away.

I went on hol at 3 months and will be going away again when I'm 38 weeks. If you do decide to ttc, you'll only be 2-3 months max, and you may not have any morning sickness or any other pregnancy related symptoms (like me), so being pregnant shouldn't be a reason to stop doing things as planned. But if you're unsure and don't feel ready to ttc just yet, then wait until you are.

• MrsFitzyMrsFitzy Posts: 42
    Thank you all for your comments i really appreciate your advice and experiences i think i will speak to OH as you ladies say the pill doesnt leave your body straight away and it could take a while to fall so a couple of month wouldnt make that much of a difference really, the other thing i was worrying about that becuase it can take so long it kicking myself because i left it until now to start.

I will have a chat with OH and go through things together and see what the outcome will be.

Its quite exciting image
  • Mrs-L-2bMrs-L-2b Posts: 1,702
    I can imagine making the decision to come off the pill and start TTC is quite scary!! Like one of the other ladies said, maybe because you got into your head August, you just feel a bit uneasy doing it now. It can take a few months for your body to get back into a normal cycle after being on the pill but you can still catch straight away. My friend got pregnant the first month of being off the pill so in terms of fertility, that can go straight back to normal. Perhaps you should come off the pill and use other precautions, keeping a track on your cycle until you go on holiday in August, and then go for it then?

Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted!!!!!
  • Linds76Linds76 Posts: 236
    Just to add to the mix. We waited until just before our wedding to stop taking the pill & expected getting pregnant to take some time whilst my cycle got back to normal. I became pregnanct less than 6 weeks later! Am now nearly 27 weeks & wouldn't have it any other way despite having changed holiday plans (due to cost). You need to make the decision that is right for you & you feel comfortable with. Good luck!
  • MrsFitzyMrsFitzy Posts: 42
    hi ladies have had a chat with the OH and looks like we are going to bring it forward to after i finish this pill which only has 2 days left eeeekkkk quite excited that we have now decided probably feel slightly different when and if we get BFP

How are all you ladies getting on image
  • NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    Massive amounts of luck.... It'll happen at the right time and when it does it's the most amazing feeling in the world!