How did you know you were ready to TTC?

Hey ladies,

I know people always say that you will never be ready to have a baby, i was just wondering how you and your partner knew you were ready to start TTC?

I think we are getting closer to being readt to TTC, but would be interested to hear how everyone else knew the time was right for them?

• NewMrsDaviesNewMrsDavies Posts: 660
    We are married, have a house so the next thing is just to start a family! We have had lovely holidays, both in secure jobs so feels right to us now! xx
  • JvLwithBabyBoyJvLwithBabyBoy Posts: 2,740 New bride
    for me it was just all of a sudden wanting a baby more than anything else. i always knew i wanted children but suddenly it was i want them NOW. i had to wait though as my husband didnt feel ready yet. i think for him it was similar to me because out of the blue one day he said lets try right away. so we did and got lucky first time image the best way i can explain it is the same as how do you know you want to spend your whole life with a particular person. you just know somehow. sorry, not all that helpful. xx
  • cebpickle1cebpickle1 Posts: 6,786
    We wanted to a couple of years ago but husband got made redundant and set up a business on his own, so we said we would put things on hold til the wedding in December. Plus with so many friends and family around us having had babies recently the social life wouldn't be too adversely affected, in fact might even be better. Plus I am 34 in July so not getting any younger to try
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
    We've got a nice house, live in a nice area (although I don't like neighbours!), got married in July and hubby has a successful business. Plus I've always been quite mature for my age (was 23 when I got pregnant), have always wanted to be a mother and I work for hubby part time from home, so childcare is not an issue.
  • MarquiseMissyMarquiseMissy Posts: 437
    All of a sudden I felt ready. I also noticed this look of awe in my hubbys eyes every time we spent time with babies. I asked him outright if/when he wanted children. He said 'lets have lot...right away.' It took 5 months and a lot of panic that it wouldnt happen..... but I'm now 6 weeks 6 days and suffering from morning sickness. A small part of me still worries that I'm not ready - that is the part of me that will always feel that. Its still a bit frightening as we really want to do our best as parents but I simply cant wait to meet our little one.
  • Lainey_emLainey_em Posts: 167
    we had been together for 10 years married for 1 when we decided to start trying age was a concern for me was 32 didn't know how long it would take us turns out only 2 months baby is due in august. So excited but really scary to think we will have a new addition to family but have enjoyed our time alone and nice holidays just feels like the next step good luck