Forum home You & Your Baby

Due 26th October - date buddy?

• KittenHeelsKittenHeels Posts: 267
    I know it's wierd but kind of nice to know I'm not the only one going through it - you feel like its all happening to you and worry!!

Glad you got your dress sorted finally!! Think my husband is going to be very dissappointed when my lady bumps deflate to their ususal size, but it will be great to fit into my normal sized tops again!! image

Don't know if you have found this but my skin especially on my hands is really dry at the mo??

Have a fab time out on Saturday!! xxx
  • MrsRuddersMrsRudders Posts: 2,761
    Is it all the nesting you are doing lol, I find myself doing more housework now pregnant! I've not struggled with dry skin to be honest, I think that means you need more chocolate... imageimageimage

I bought a tummy band from mothercare yesterday for £12 OMG. It is the BEST thing I have ever bought. I wore it for about 10 hours yesterday and my tummy feels so much better even without it on. I slept without waking last nite which is a first for about 3 months. Can def recommend if you start aching and struggling with your bumpx xxx
    Ha ha, yeah must be the nesting - don't think my husband would agree tho!! Saying that, I have got tidier since I've been pregnant??!!

I've seen those bump bands and wondered what they would be like as earlier on in pregnancy I did have lower back and hip pain but it seems to have got better.

Had the shock of my life earlier - I went and weighed myself!! javascript:void(0); I've put on 1.5 stone already & I thought I was being ok, not over eating and still doing all the normal day to day stuff, not pigging out in front of the TV!!

xxx
    jees one rule of pregnant DON'T WEIGHT YOURSELF lol. I put on three and a half stone with my son!!! Remember its extra blood, fluid, water retention, baby so don't be too hard on yourself. I have told my midwife not to weigh me anymore lol x
    Well, got home tonight & had sheep in our front garden!!! After chasing them about flapping my arms like a nutter I reckon I've lost half a stone!! image

Thing is I don't think Ive put loads of weight on anywhere else apart from boobs, bum and belly!! Its going to be a nightmare to shift in time for the xmas parties!! Ha!!
    ha ha a sheep??? what??

oh yeah xmas parties...mind you with a newborn what will nights out be imageimageimage
    I know - we've got a little small holding with 11 sheep and 3 of the buggers got through a hedge down the road and back up the drive into the front gardens stupid things!!

Got my appointment through on Saturday for the extra scan on the 31st August so fingers crossed its ok and I don't need a c section!!

Hoe was your night out??!! xxx
    Yes I'm hoping I don't need one too fingers crossed for both of us bud.

Nite out was good I managed til one am!!

Went to Paris at the weekend with our son to celebrate our first wedding anniversary which is this sunday. Was great but it peed it down all the time image got a good few hours at eurodisney before it tipped it down tho. The french are so rude I had no end of people bumping into my bump!

btw I am HUGE now well feel it anyway lol xx
    Oooh Paris - very nice!! Bet your son enjoyed Euro Disney??!! Can't believe you had people budging your bump - how rude.

You did better than me, husbands brother is getting married on the 06th August so went on the brides hen night on Saturday - dressed as a nun in my local town. I was sister up the duffer, the nun with a bun!!! Ha!!! Only managed to stay out until 11.45pm!

I'm feeling huge too, turning over in bed is getting hard work!!! Worst of all last week I got swollen ankles, soooo not impressed!!! They seem to be better this week so hopefully I wont have cankles for the rest of the pregnancy!!

We've got our cot now, it's lovely, can't wait to get the nursery sorted now! xxx
    ahhh how exciting have you put it up yet? I must stop buying clothes I have plenty now but keep seeing lovely stuff lol. His wardrobe is full although it does go up to 6 months so there isn't that much stuff considering it allows for Newborn, 0-3 and then 3-6!

I find that if I sleep with a pillow between my legs with the corner underneath my bump it really helps balance me out at night and then I don't tend to want to turn so much. My friend is lending me a breast feeding cushion tomorrow so that will be good too for sleeping now as you kind of just hug them if that makes sense?

ha ha ha nun with a bun ha ha that is so funny, good for you still going out, I felt so conspicious in normal clothes never mind fancy dress!!

xx
    Yeah think I will need to start using a pillow under my bump to get more comfortable! Saw the midwife last Friday and she measured bump and said it was just right, so that was reassuring as to me I just feel massive!!

Not put cot up yet, still need to have a massive clear out of the room!! Not sure when we will get round to it as we have weddings on the 06th and 14th August!!

You're just forward planning buying clothes now that will last up to 6 months!! Ha! It is just too tempting not to buy, especially at the mo, there are so many sales on - it makes financial sense, or at least thats what I tell my husband!!

xxx
    Are you having a glucose test bud? I had mine today and feel dreadful after fasting from food from 10pm until 12.30 today!! Really feel out of sorts, plus didn't sleep last nite hardly so feel pretty dreadful.

My 34 week scan is in September not sure why but I thought it was in August even tho I know how many weeks I am lol. Baby brain or what.

Hope you are ok xxx
    Hey hun, yes got my glucose test next Thursday, really not looking forward to it - I can barely manage 2 hours without food let alone 12+!!!

Are you feeling any better? I've had really bad back ache this week its been keeping me awake and what with the warm weather its been a nightmare I'm sooo tired.

My scan is booked for the 31st August, so hoping its moved so I can go natural!!

Got brother in laws wedding next weekend and I've still not got a dress, am thinking maxi dress as at the moment I'm sporting pregnancy chic cankles - lovely!!

Are you getting lots of movement now? Baby seems to be moving non stop : o) xxx
    Hiya bud babys not stopped since 18 weeks big time movement since then. Had to go to hospital the other weekend cos of pain (all ok tho) and she said do you have more than 10 movements a day? I laughed as I tend to get more than 10 an hour!!

Still feeling exhausted today but was ok after i'd had a good sleep.

You have your scan pretty early then mine is at 34 weeks so 14th September. Fingers crossed you can go natural I'm hoping the same too.

My ankles are fine so far, my boobs have tripled in size in fact I' sure some people think I have three heads

imageimageimage

Maxi dress sounds a fab idea you will be nice and cool in it too xx
    Glad you're ok matey, must have been worrying for you.

Got my cankles up and resting today so that I can make the most of shopping at the bullring tomorrow!!

Not sure if my boobs are still growing or not, my belly seems to have overtaken!!! Ha!! xxx
    ooh shopping at the bullring can't beat it - i love it there! we'll have to meet up there for coffee with the babies after xmas image hope you have a lovely day. I love forever21 I got a few tops from there that have lasted me and the staff are fab. I was about 18 weeks pregant when I went and the staff nicely told me off for the fact that I walked round the whole store when I could have told one of them the kind of thing I was after and my size and whilst I sat drinking tea they would have got everythign for me to try! xx
  • My feet are killing me after a day at the bullring!! Managed to find 2 dresses for the weddings so can choose and perhaps take one back!! I did keep getting pulled towards the baby stuff too!!

My friend was really good, kept asking if we should stop for a rest!! image) Forever21 sounds amazing!! A meet would be fab image
  • Had my glucose test yesterday, one word - vile!!

The drink was lukewarm, then they gave me warm water to wash it down!!

Felt like a pin cushion at the end as had bloods for the test, 28 weeks bloods and an anti D injection. Also had a tickly cough as it was so blooming hot in there, and when I asked for a glass of water they came back with 2 ice cubes for me to suck on!!! Ha!!

Hope you are ok? xxx
    knackered mate totally. baby has not stop alien moved around for the past 48 hours totally crazy!!

Ahh glad you managed to find two dresses, I wore my asos green one yesterday but felt uncomfortable as its a fitted dress think I am going to search for a maxi dress for the wedding I have at 38 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your glucose test, its horrible isn't it. they are so useless bl**dy hell seriously does water make that much difference?

I am 30 weeks on Tuesday wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. image
  • I'm sooo knackered too!! Think its because I'm so uncomfortable at night, I just can't get comfy its either my back or hips!!

The wedding on Saturday was great and the maxi covered all!! Ha!! Got another wedding this Sunday in Hockley Heath one of my husbands friends - hope the riots don't get that far. image/

How long did it take for you to get your results back from your glucose test?

Are you feeling any better?

Looking forward to my scan on the 31st now - cant wait to see baby again!! image)

XX
    glucose results - had the test on the thu, midwife called for me on the Tues. I take it they've not been in touch yet? Mind you think they would straight away if there was a problem.

I would def recommend one of the moon shaped breast feeding cushions if you can borrow one of someone you literally hug them with one end between your legs and the other underneath your body so it raises both ends, honestly its been a life saver for me. This is the kind of thing I mean :

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Multi-Purpose-Support-Pillow/dp/B001NZLGJA?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_4&nodeId=42764041&sr=1-4&qid=1313086488&pf_rd_r=1614K5YES4QJ6BGFD0JC&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

Then of course you can use it after if you are going to try feeding too image

Glad you enjoyed the wedding, did you feel everyone was staring at you? I felt so conscious it was horrible, mind there was a woman there who was 38 weeks and I have never seen someone so big in pregnancy, I was the same and couldn't stop staring at her lol!! Hope you enjoy Sunday and that all is safe.

So how many weeks will you be on 31st then? I have to wait two weeks after that booooo so I will be 34 weeks. Think thats right anyway I have lost my head at the moment.

Are you per chance super emotional at the moment? I work for my husband and he 'told' me off today for being late erm... I have to drop our 4 year off at childcare which is the opposite way and I am 30 weeks pregnant so even getting ready is a chore. I have no set time to be in but it is generally around half nine. I walked in at 10am having had to nip back home on way in to get my phone charger and he officially had a go at me, I was fuming! ITs not like he couldn't ring me and made up some excuse about wanting to tell me my jobs for the day - even though he has NEVER done that before lol.

So I gets to my Mums tonight and begin to tell her the story half way in she starts glegging out the window at the neighbours and what they are all doing, so much in fact she nearly falls out the wedding and comes noses to nose with one of them image just joking but she was totalling ignoring me. So I said ok don't worry about it and she said well I'm sorry but your car is parked in the way. Of what exactly? A ten ton truck that is going to miracously pass your place like it does a million times a day. not. I can't park anywhere else its perfectly fine to park there I always have done as does everyone else she was just being nosey and was annoyed at being caught out. So I literally said don't worry and got up to leave. She tells me off (Im 36 lol) all the time if I don't 100% listen so I said don't tell me then do the same. Blimey my life sounds like a soap opera how dramatic lol. I got in the car and cried all the way home so not only have I fallen out with BOTH my parents but Husband and I are not speaking either as I told him that he'd over stepped the mark telling me off bearing in mind he said to be more relaxed and come and go as I please at work. First day I do and I get a right royal telling off lol. sO I told him maybe its not working and that I need to finish work now if its winding him up and causing him so many problems. Since when was everything so major and dramatic ahhhhhh!!! So I have put my Son to bed and come to bed myself I need to shut the world out for the night and get some sleep. I am overtired, wound up, getting constantly bashed in the stomach, feeling big, feeling mad, feeling sad, feeling crazy, wanting the baby to come but not really as it will be too little. Recognise any of this??? Please tell me. Phew feel a little better now written it down, sorry for going on xxx
  • Hey Hun,

How's things with you this week??

Don't worry it's not just you I'm the same!!! I think because I do normally just get on with things my husband thinks I can still run up the fields feed up all the animals, make dinner, keep the house tidy, walk the dog & still do a 40 hour week at work without feeling like a fat 90 year old that just wants to put her feet up and sleep!!

Normally when we have a "discussion" I can hold my own but find that now even when he's not having a go, I cry really easily??!!

Most of the time he is wonderful, but sometimes I want to scream at him "I am almost 7 months pregnant you know"!!!!

Still not had the result of my glucose test, so am hoping no news is good news!! My scan is on the 31st August and I will be 32 weeks then!

I've got a weekend at home this weekend , am looking forward to sorting baby stuff & having a relax after 2 weekends running at weddings - god I sound like an old bore!!

Anyway hope you are feeling better xxx
  • Hey MrsRudders,

Not heard from you in a while, hope everything is going ok - not long to go! xxx
    Hey kittenheels! Baby brain I forgot all about this thread!!

All good ta weeks now, got scan tues to determine what going off. How about you how are things? Names sorted yet? We have narrowed ours down to either Ronnie Joe or Lukas Joe. Think we will wait til we meet the little man image xx
  • Phew! Thought you might have gone into labour already! All good here glucose test negative and placenta moved and baby head down! Such a relief!

Ive got names i like, lewis for a boy and darcy/darcie for a girl but tryin to get my husband to commit to a name is a nightmare!

Fingers crossed all goes well with your scan xxx
    hey bud, no such luck ha ha. booked in for a c section 13th Oct they gave me the choice and considering the traumatic time i had with my son I opted for it.

Glad all has gone well for you its sooooo exciting! Love the names they are fab!

xxxx
  • Oh hun, at least you know when its all going to happen!! Im still in two minds, not sure I like the idea of it happening anytime, anywhere!!! Ha!!

Hope you are getting plenty of rest?? Only 4 weeks until little Ronnie or Lukas will make an appearance!! So excited for you!!

xxx
    I am still working but then I work for my hubby, its quite nice to get out the house still and use my brain (what is left of it lol) only working part time school hours too so not too much stress. Little man started school a week ago so I have all day Mon and Fri to myself so that is my chill time. no not long now for either of us! I only have a changing mat to buy too so all sorted!

I know what you mean about it happening anytime, good thing is that if I go into natural labour I just have to go to hosp straight away and they will perform a c section as a non-emergency case if you know what I mean. Apparently I should only class it as an emergency if me or baby are going to die!!

so are they giving you a choice on c-section? My consultant told me they never turn down a request for a section, its the other way round they can refuse natural if its for the health of you or baby. I know its long term pain but I can't go through the trauma I did last time. It effected my sanity for a good few months after, the most important time with the new born.

So are you all sorted on pram front etc? I have gone for a loola up fits in the boot of my mini just nicely. Have the windoo pram to fit on the frame, which can also be used on a moses basket stand so not needed to get a moses basket (my last one was eaten by mice lol) and I also have the car seat too.

Nursery is all sorted just have three pictures to put up which I keep putting off as they need putting up properly measured and everything and its too hard work. Normally I would just stick them up and hope for the best image but its the first thing you will see when you walk in to the room so it will annoy me for life if they are wonky!!

xx
  • Blimey, one starting school and one on the way - you really have got your hands full!! Im feeling knackered just having one on the way!!

I didn't realise they gave you the option of a c section, when I went it was just like, your fine bugger off!!!

Had my first antenatal class last week after I rang 3 times and asked what was happening!! Can't say that I was impressed. They are for 3 weeks, 2 hours at a time on a Thursday 2-4. When I asked if they did any classes for working parents as my husband could not leave work at such short notice as they had only notified me on the Monday - they said "ooh no we stopped doing that"!! Then when I asked about the other classes I was asked to select from they didn't do half of them now!!

Still got 3 weeks left at work and can really feel myself slowing down - I feel like such a lump at the mo!! Baby is moving around like a mad thing - I've convinced myself its busy in the womb and then once its out it will be nice and calm and allow mummy to sleep!! Ha!!

We've been trying to sort out the nursery and have got a lot done, but the more we sort the more mess we seem to make!! I had my heart set on a Stokke pram, but just couldn't justify the cost. Thankfully my friend at work had one so we brought hers!!

Just read back through what i have put - tiredness makes me such a moaning old cow!! Ha!!

xxx