Acid indigestion casuing sickness - suggestions?

Hi all,

I am so poorly at the moment with severe acid indigestion / heartburn that I can't eat anything without being sick. I'm well past morning sickness (I'm nearly 25 wks) and it's been gradually getting worse for a couple of weeks.

I used to have bad acid indigestion before I got pregnant but the tablets I used to take, ranitidine, I have been told I can't have while pregnant. Been using gaviscon and over the counter rennies, have tried bicarbonate of soda in water. But nothing is working.

My system is so overloaded with acid now that I am just throwing up stomach acid which is very painful. And it's also mainly acid from the other end (sorry if TMI, but by god that hurts too.)

Anything I can do? I've got appointment to see doc tomorrow but just feel so awful.

Thanks,

xx

• NowMrsMNowMrsM Posts: 536
    Poor poor you! Must be really nasty...

I found milk really helped when I had indigestion when I was pregnant but it doesn't sound half as bad as yours was...

Good luck with seeing GP x
  • JHyamsJHyams Posts: 1,848
    You poor thing.

I don't really have heartburn or indigestion, but when I get minor bouts of it (no where as bad as yours), milk or peppermint tea can be helpful.

Hopefully the doc will give you something to take that is safe and that works x
  • mrsleggomrsleggo Posts: 807
    Hi Sweetjouk, did your doctor recommend anything???

When I was expecting and had severe sickness/indigestion (week 6-26 and then week 32-40) my doctor gave me some tablets that you can put under your lip and dissolve slowly...they taste awful but really helped.

Milk was good too though

Dawn x
  • sweetjouksweetjouk Posts: 792
    Thanks, doc has put me back for a short spell on some of the tablets I used to take. The medical catalogue says that it is not known to cause any probs during pregnancy, which isn't a big thumbs up yes it's safe. But as doc said, I'm doing more harm than good by having my stomach eaten by acid and not keeping any food down. It's the lesser of the two evils he reckons. Guff.

I still feel sick but not being as ill as I was so fingers crossed this is the start of it getting a bit better

xxx